3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips Cortex Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 AM
ramjamhemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Cortex Mount?

I've searched, but can't find anything about a mounting bracket to hold the Superchips Cortex while driving. I wouldn't mind using a cell phone mount that snaps into a vent if I could find one wide enough to work.

Anybody have anything that works that looks halfway decent?

Old 01-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have a cell phone holder that worked perfectly for holding the cortex. It was one of the holders tht had the adjustable arms so it would work with different size phones.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

you shouldn't leave your tuner in the truck though...so they say...i wish i had a mounting option too but it is what it is....if you do go this route wire through the das it may distract a theif a lil more...

Old 01-21-2010, 01:18 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

yea but, who would want to sell a stolen locked superchips.....oh wait, whoops.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:27 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA HA HA good one joe!

And Jay is right you should not leave it in the truck all the time, especially in high heat areas

Old 01-21-2010, 05:08 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

haha poor Jay, but yea I just leave mine in the middle console for convenience like if a code pops up randomly or something.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

hey i still got a great deal on mine through s/c so it made up for it and i got my money back thru paypay to make up some of the difference....and the cortex went out yesterday in the mail headed to the orig owner.....brandy new with new chipset and all...just the oe case....

Old 01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
haha poor Jay, but yea I just leave mine in the middle console for convenience like if a code pops up randomly or something.
I leave it in there too in case I get in the mood to do some data logging while I am out.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:05 AM
ramjamhemi
Professional

I never leave it in the truck unless I'm going in to a store for a short while. Never all day, especially in mid summer Phoenix heat. My teenager has ruined a couple of mp3 players leaving them in the car this way. Interestingly enough, he has left his PSP in my wife's car all year round for the last 4 years or so with no ill effects.

Back on topic... Well I was hoping for a brand name cell phone holder, as I have tried the 5 different cell phone holders we have laying around, and none of them fit. Maybe I'll just keep hanging it upside down from the a-pillar handle.....

I also found that the Cortex kind of fits nicely in the right hand bottom corner of the dash, where it covers the oil pressure and temp gauge. The rubber over mold of the Cortex helps it stay in place in normal driving conditions, but you have to watch it if you get on the gas hard.

Last edited by ramjamhemi; 01-22-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:58 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

I'm not sure what the cortex looks like or anything, lol, just using my imagination here....

Might not be what you're looking for, but what about one of those non-slip dash pads for cell phones and whatnot? I've ran across a couple that actually work well, keeps'em put. Just a thought....

Quick Reply: Superchips Cortex Mount?