3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Video of my 2003 4x4 Hemi, 0-100mph, What do u think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Are you keeping your SC to try the SC/DSP stack with the next cam?
I posted a thread about it some time back but never really got any feedback at all. I got more Qs than I did As.

However, I just sold my 3865 last night which will pay for my CMR tuning. I know SC is coming out with the trans tunes but thats not only been a long wait plus I need to get my tuning done for this 210 (which also came in yesterday BTW).

So maybe later on Ill get another SC and stack. I already miss it. I tuned with my DSP last night but either theirs a big difference between the two or I dont have it setup right one the truck because I can notice a difference.

However, resetting the PCM with the Sidewinder in there doesnt help because it keeps wanting to stall out on me everything I slow down or stop.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean when you say you can feel the difference between the SC and DSP. Tries the same switch over the summer and after about a month I had to go back to SC. The lack of trans tuning just made driving so much less fun that I couldn't drive like that. I am actually kind of surprised that you chose the DSP over the SCT. Seems like more people have had sucess stacking SC and SCT thatn hve with stacking SC and DSP. Is there any particular reason you chose to go with the DSP?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Only because i wanted the tuner to datalog so i wouldnt have to buy extra gear to datalog with. Ive read the threads on stacking SCT and SC and am not convinced there are no issues. I dont have the funds to replace a trans any time soon and Im hoping DSP will come out with trans tunes after SC does.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

There probably is a good chance that DS will copy the SC trans tuning when it is released. It would be nice if someone offered a tuner for the 04's that had both trans control and custom tuning.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 AM
XclubcowX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not ran into any problems thus far with the stacked chips haha. I will try to get some pictures of the outside of my truck today. Also, I did not datalog that run, but usually my 0-60 is like 6.6, 1/4 mile from 14.7-15.1 at 90-93mph

Old 01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm shocked that you can do 60 in 1st gear and 100 in 2nd. I guess that's the gears + tires compared to my setup.

It also shows you how useless our 5spd auto actually is. Just think how much more drivable (and quicker) it would be if it shifted 1-2 at say 35, 2-3 at 60, and 3-4 at 90. The resulting gear change would totally change how the truck drives.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:43 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
There probably is a good chance that DS will copy the SC trans tuning when it is released. It would be nice if someone offered a tuner for the 04's that had both trans control and custom tuning.
Trans and custom would be very awesome. And that possibility of DSP copying SC is that long high bet Im hoping on. If not maybe Ill get another SC later on and try to stack.

Im hoping Marty will have my 210 tune done today ::Fingers Crossed::

Old 01-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Im hoping Marty will have my 210 tune done today ::Fingers Crossed::
Did you get the 210 or 210x? If it is the x I want to hear every detail of feedback that you have about its performance compared to the sidewinder.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:46 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John M
I'm shocked that you can do 60 in 1st gear and 100 in 2nd. I guess that's the gears + tires compared to my setup.

It also shows you how useless our 5spd auto actually is. Just think how much more drivable (and quicker) it would be if it shifted 1-2 at say 35, 2-3 at 60, and 3-4 at 90. The resulting gear change would totally change how the truck drives.

yeah, and 5mpg would be nice too

just manually shift like he was and you can make it shift whenever you want (up to the rev limiter that is)

Quick Reply: Video of my 2003 4x4 Hemi, 0-100mph, What do u think?