3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Did I get the right superchips

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:09 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

That's an excellent point, I find that guys just expect too much from a $350 tuner, I believe they think it's gonna give them gains like a stroker kit would give.

There ain't no magic power gainer that's gonna give you 100 HP gains on a gasser for that kinda money, you want seat of the pants gains, you're looking at spending 10x what that tuner costs, minimum.

Still the best bang for the buck though, look at other mods in that price range, a tuner still yields better gains than a CAI or even an e-fan, plus many other benefits.

Personally, I'd pay the cost of the SC tuner just to have the transmissions tuning it does...

Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Jonhyboi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
I can pull wheelies with my 93 octane tune from my DSP
No Fair.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:42 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Im liking my DSP also and even more so since I finished my 210 install tonight and Marty wrote me a custom tune. However there is still more to get out it Im sure. I do miss the trans control of the SC but I really needed the DSP.

The SC3865 is the one you want and especially if you are not camming and custom tuning. If you are not noticing any difference or worse then I think you either didnt get it tuned right or maybe need to reset the PCM after the tune is setup.

Quick Reply: Did I get the right superchips