3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 Ram wierd issues....help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 06:09 PM
bigbore500r
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Ram wierd issues....help!

Hi, i have a 2500 4x4 2003 diesel ram. I have two very wierd problems.

Problem 1 (just started this morning)

-I get in the truck, and the door ajar light will not turn off, and all interior lights are stuck on. all the doors are shut. Even wierder, is when im driving the truck, when i hit the blinker, the door ajar light blinks off when the blinker lights blink on. Every time the blinker "blinks" on....the door ajar light momentarily shuts off and the interior lights start to turn off. But then...the blinker blinks off and the interior lights brighten up again, and the door ajar light comes back. So they alternate blinker on, ajar light off. blinker off...ajar light on....untill i turn the blinkers off. Also does this with flashers. Sounds like a short or possibly a bad BCM to me, but i suppose it could be a bad switch at one of the latches. I would believe its a bad switch,, but its to wierd how the blinkers affect the situation, which leads me towards short or bad BCM. HELP!!!!!

Problem 2

When its below 60 degrees outside and truck is cold (has been sitting for more than 4 hours)....The alternator will not charge at idle...or anything below 2000 rpms for that matter. Once i put the truck in drive and start driving, i have to get the rpms up before it hits second gear....then the alternator activates and starts charging. If i just let it sit there and idle....the alternator will start charging after maybee 5 minutes or so. Untill then, it just sits there and the lights dim every time the intake grid heaters cycle on and off while its cold. I have had this issue for the 2 years i have owned the truck. Wierd huh?

Please help me!

JH

Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 PM
bigbore500r

Does anybody have any idea what this is? Im sure im not the only one who has had this happen....seems like alot of Rams have door ajar issues. The door sensors must be ok, because the truck dosen't honk when i back up...so i knows that the doors are closed. But the light is on, the interior lights are on, and it chimes the door ajar sound every time i take off from a stop

Old 01-23-2010, 11:21 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no idea, shoot dirtydog a PM and ask him. he is real good with electrical

Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
unsound1
Default same problem

anyone have an idea what could be the cause of this , I am experiencing the same issue with the door adjar alarm . I start the car and drive a bit with no light or alarm on , then use the blinker and it comes on with all doors closed , then once it is on every time i use the blinker the door adjar light blinks in sequence with the blinker . stop using the turn signal and it stays solid with dome lights on , dome lights do not blink , door latch and wires look ok . 2003 ram 1500 hemi , 73,000 miles..

Quick Reply: 2003 Ram wierd issues....help!