3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo Predator ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:17 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power wise, base it on where you do the most driving... The 87 tune has a bit more tq to it on the butt dyno and makes the truck fun to drive around town while the 91 tune gave me the best mpg and pulled the best up top so hwy performance was great. Its really your choice there so try them all out and see what you like the most

Old 01-24-2010, 05:24 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I'd vote Superchips. plus they are suppose to be coming out with practically unlimited transmission support?????
Yep. Full part throttle up shift and down shift support (1-4 up, 2-5 down). Full torque management control.

Sil

Old 01-24-2010, 06:46 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

s/c all the way....

Old 02-01-2010, 07:53 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I am pretty sure Silshemi just answered my question, but I figure I should ask anyways..

I remember when I first got my truck and was reading a review on it from Allpar about the slow downshifting response, " This five-speed automatic (with dual second gears, one just for downshifting) was smooth enough, but seemed to take a while to get the hint that we wanted a downshift."

That is something that does bother me and I have noticed it can be slow at recognizing I want it to downshift going up a hill or if I have slowed down going around a corner and it will still be stuck in a high gear. Will the superchip fix this?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
I am pretty sure Silshemi just answered my question, but I figure I should ask anyways..

I remember when I first got my truck and was reading a review on it from Allpar about the slow downshifting response, " This five-speed automatic (with dual second gears, one just for downshifting) was smooth enough, but seemed to take a while to get the hint that we wanted a downshift."

That is something that does bother me and I have noticed it can be slow at recognizing I want it to downshift going up a hill or if I have slowed down going around a corner and it will still be stuck in a high gear. Will the superchip fix this?
With the SC trans tuning you can make the truck shift whatever way you want whenever you want. It will take a little time on your end to get the shift points dialed in exactly how you like them but once you get them it will be like driving the same truck with a much better transmission. After some work with my shift points I have it where I can just touch the throttle in certain situations (like going up a hill) and it will downshift like I want it to. I was also able to dial it in so that the truck stays between a certain rpm range in all gears while cruising. It is very user adjustable so you can make your trans act however you like.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

with sc trans tuning your truck will feel like its brand new. mine shifts like a dream now

Old 02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
with sc trans tuning your truck will feel like its brand new. mine shifts like a dream now
Isn't it amazing how bad the stock shift patterns are compared to what you can do with custom shift schedules?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

05DodgeRamHemi I PM'd you

Quick Reply: Diablo Predator ?'s