3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2 questions, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM
BamaRam1500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions, please help!!!

1. Could I install a cutout with my exhaust just being changed to flowmaster 50 series HD. It is SI/DO I have read and researched about them and I really want to install one, even just for the sound.

2. Homemade intake....What do I need to do with the hose that is connected to my stock intake. After installing one I make there will be no where to connect it. Also do i need a 4-3 reducer th come from the throttle body or should I install it to the hose that comes from the throttle body. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BamaRam1500
1. Could I install a cutout with my exhaust just being changed to flowmaster 50 series HD. It is SI/DO I have read and researched about them and I really want to install one, even just for the sound.

2. Homemade intake....What do I need to do with the hose that is connected to my stock intake. After installing one I make there will be no where to connect it. Also do i need a 4-3 reducer th come from the throttle body or should I install it to the hose that comes from the throttle body. Thanks for the help.
1. Sure can. If you do a single cutout it just goes in the intermediate pipe, so the muffler you are running will not have any effect on the cutout.

2. When you say install it to the hose that comes from the throttle body are you referring to installing it onto the stock intake?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:27 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teach is spot on (as usual) with question #1. as for the homebrew CAI, i think he's gettin rid of the hemi hat and wants to know how.

BamaRam theres at least one or two really good DIY in the FAQ section

Old 02-01-2010, 09:47 PM
BamaRam1500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info. I will check out the f.a.q. section. I have a seperate 1/4 hose that is also conected to my stock intake and when i put the homemade one on i dont know where to install that line to.

Quick Reply: 2 questions, please help!!!