3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight, turn signal assembly removal.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
slowen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight, turn signal assembly removal.

Hey guys, while attempting to remove my headlight assembly to get to the turn signal (thanks dodge) I noticed that the instructions in the Haynes manual and what I was actually looking at were different. The two screws on the inside wall were pretty straight forward, but I can't find the other screw holding them in. I found a screw in the bottom back, but it looks like I have to take the bumper trim off to reach it. Pictures would be nice, thanks!

Old 01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
HEMISith

Watch this video here:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QwQ5Tksv0Rk...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QwQ5Tksv0Rk..._embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tells you everything you need to know.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres 2 screws under the hood on the inside of the light.. and then pull out that oval rubber plug in your inner fender and then theres another nut holding the back of the light in.. finished... then pull really hard, theres a little ball and socket sorta retainer tahts a pain in the *** to get undone..

Old 01-29-2010, 12:23 AM
slowen

Thanks for the info, I noticed that the video only went to 05' rams, I have an 07'. Will that make much of a difference? That back screw looks like a real pain in the ***. Also, will I need to re-adjust my headlights?

Old 01-29-2010, 02:37 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know the similarities between the 2, ive only taken my headlights out (08). and no you dont have to re adjust after.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:06 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

You want to avoid taking off that bumper at all costs, especially if you are having this hard of a time with your headlights alone, the headlights are designed to be able to be removed without the bumper being removed, that way the dealership or shop can replace a headlight quickly for quick runthrough.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 PM
slowen

It looks like all I need to do is get a trim puller and snap the sides out. I'm curious how to get to that outside bottom nut.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Yeah, there should be no reason at all to pull that bumper off to get to the headlights. Ive had mine in and out 2-3 times, lol. That nut that you gotta get throught the wheel well? I used a nut-driver (like a screw driver, whatever they're called) and could actually see what I was doing by peeking throught the gaps in the well-liner. Then, as mentioned, just tug on it good, as straight as you can so you don't break any clips or anything. Also, put something on the bumper in front of the light so you don't chance scratching it up. I speak from experience

Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 PM
slowen

Figured it out, Thanks. God what a pain in the ***.

Quick Reply: Headlight, turn signal assembly removal.