3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heated Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:20 AM
Albertaramfan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would take the power wire off the high or low switch for the seats and put it on a toggle switch connected to the ignition wire. as soon as you remote start the truck on comes the seat as long as you have the toggle switch on (just shut it off in the summer)

Old 01-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Styx
Amateur

When I used to work for Ford I did the factory approved command start system installs. They did have the provisions for an accessory switch on the remote start settings that we would hook up to heated seats and other things... I don't know if the Dodge system has this ability but I would think that a good quality system would... Talk to the dealer or a GOOD installer...

Old 11-09-2010, 05:51 PM
gordon baltare
Default heated seats

my 2010 Laramie heated seats automatically turn on and so does the heated steering wheel if I use my remote start,so it must detect temperature, as far as the heated seats , I have the cool option as well and the heated seats are the worst I have had in a vehicle, they don't warm very hot then only in the bottom middle and back center, anybody know how to shut off the horn when using remote start, the neighbor probably does not like that alarm clock, thanks, gord

Old 11-10-2010, 06:54 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

DEI makes timed relay modules. I have one I used for something else but you could use them to supply alt power to the seat heater with constant (not switched) voltage and turj off after X amount of minutes

Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow guys...bringing back a somewhat of an old thread haha...

I have not anything for this, but I kinda like the idea that are coming in for this winter (has not really come yet! thank-goodness **KNOCK ON WOOD**)

I am considering putting in a smartstart by Viper. I know a guy that can get it to me for just over 200 CAD. Ya you have to pay something like 40 bucks a year, but its got many many features. Supposedly you can put your vehicle into heating mode which turns on the heated seats and heat also supposedly it will will turn it to defrost...It also has cooling mode, like A/C and such. Plus an alert feature if someone tries to break in, and full GPS. Not to mention you can do this so long as you have cell service...

The only thing that I am kinda reluctant on is it will probably remove the factory starter, which in that case my key fob willl be useless but I will see..

Has anyone put this system in? And confirm all the features work on an 07 dodge?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

@ Nate - I know where you can get those Smart Starts for less than that. PM me.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat?