3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

drifting = damage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!!!! A lot still goin' on in this thread huh? Are we still talking about drifting or are we back to a couple days ago?

Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jusjay727
your truck is a right side drive .....meaning you sit on the normal passenger side to drive it....dang yeah that would take some getting used to....
my skyline is not my truck lol

Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

ok i was gonna say i have not seen one of them....but i have seen chevy's or a ford like it ..the mail trucks back home in maine were right hand drive and they were actual trucks and jeeps....

Old 02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Marx
my skyline is not my truck lol

pics, videos?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

jusjay you dont think that by jamming the wheel to oneside and hammering it causes any kind of energy to be transferred then placed on the front end? for example the front suspension or rack and pinion system?
I understand exactly what your doing, i dont think you understand the science behind it all. The cause and effect. That energy and motion has to go somewhere. it does not just float away. Any drifting is not the equivalent to "normal wear and tear"
Do your h/w ask these guys if drifting dosent break things.

http://formulad.com/

Old 02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Thatonekidw/theHEMI
jusjay you dont think that by jamming the wheel to oneside and hammering it causes any kind of energy to be transferred then placed on the front end? for example the front suspension or rack and pinion system?
I understand exactly what your doing, i dont think you understand the science behind it all. The cause and effect. That energy and motion has to go somewhere. it does not just float away. Any drifting is not the equivalent to "normal wear and tear"
Do your h/w ask these guys if drifting dosent break things.

http://formulad.com/
When the road is wet and oily, you don't have to hammer down on anything. a slight tap of the gas will get 'er going. You have to understand this isn't done on dry pavement. It's like a controlled hydroplane. The tires and other components aren't put under the same strain as if it were dry. it's just sliding a little. It definitely isn't putting that much wear on your truck as you may think. Remember.......wet pavement.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:54 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

they dont get it they dont live in a hot state...give it up cowboy i did...its like talkin to a wall

Quick Reply: drifting = damage?