3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

quick tire question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM
southernbnb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i was definitely planning on installing the level before i get the tires mounted! lol i cant wait dude im so freakin stoked!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
southernbnb
Captain

ok so heres an update guys. i wound up not being able to get a level kit or the NTGs that i wanted. about a week and a half ago i was on my way home from a buddies house after helping him work on his 2nd gen and i dozed off at the wheel! ( i know i know! dont flame me to hard!) i hit a concrete island in the median of the highway and cracked both the wheels on the drivers side of my truck!! i called my step dad and he brought me a damaged wheel and tire that was on my truck when i bought it and between that and my spare i was able to get it home. i had to work for the next three days after that but monday of this past week i found a set of OEM chrome 20s for $650 with tires. between that snafu and my washing machine taking a crap my whole tax return was gone so i guess the level will have to wait a couple months. the bad thing about this whole situation is that i wont have A/T tires for the NC GTG in april!!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:14 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn, glad you are all right man, that's the important thing.

Although if it were me, I'da taken the opportunity to get rid of the 20s since two were shot anyway. You could have bought four new 17s in a decent wheel with a better offset and backspacing to help you clear bigger tires and probably gotten four new A/T tires in the size you are looking for and not spent much more than you just spent on only two 20" wheels and 20" tires.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:45 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW man I am glad you are ok!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

D@mn buddy good to see you're still here and ok and didn't hit anyone. Hopefully you fell asleep and didn't "pass out" from drinking and wheeling. lol Sorry to hear about that stuff man. I know you were stoked about that upcoming lift.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:38 PM
southernbnb
Captain

yeah i got real lucky that i hit the concrete before i got all the way into oncoming traffic. a traffic signal a few blocks up had just changed so there was a wall of traffic coming towards me. and no i wasnt drinking. i was just totally wiped out cuz i hadnt slept in like 27 hours at that point courtesy of my job switching me back and forth from days to nights and back to days in less than a week. i will take some pics of the damage to the wheels and post them soon. i will also get some pics of the truck with the new wheels on it.

and hammer i had the 17s but i got the 20s with tires for the same price i could find two of the 17s and a set of four tires. plus due to owing the IRS some money from a couple years ago i didnt get as much as i had anticipated getting from my refund. so this worked out for the best.

thanks for the concern guys. i really appreciate it. and who knows maybe if i pinch my pennies for a couple months i can find some used A/T tires in time for the get together. although i think with the dubs i will have to have a level to fit a A/T tire. i dont have much spare room in my front fender wells.

Quick Reply: quick tire question