3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TQ Converter Install Tutorial

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very high quality pics. you had a good photographer. thanks for the write-up. really lookin forward to the shift kit one.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:41 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe

thanks weed, exactly what i was looking for. all i was finding was the copy of the older version of the kit (no pump spring or snap ring instructions)

Im working on this write up now, should be up in a couple of hours.

also, if you choose to install this kit, you dont HAVE to drop the tranny and install the pump parts. you can just drop the pan and valve body to install those springs and the new plate. if you choose to go that route, it shouldnt take you more than an extra 45 min on top of the time it normally takes to drop the pan and refill. and it will be super easy. hardest part was the pump and the new snap ring in the input clutch.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Is it worth dropping it and pulling the pump? Ive pulled trans before so its no big deal to me.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:58 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Is it worth dropping it and pulling the pump? Ive pulled trans before so its no big deal to me.
yes, i believe it is. ive read a few places where guys have installed just the valve body components and been fine. but, the additional parts for the pump and input clutch are beefier than stock, and designed to withstand the added line pressure the kit gives you.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:36 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Man I pulled so many BOP TH200-4r trans out of Olds its ridiculous. Im sure I can handle a little ol DR 545 trans......LOL

Old 02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

Transgo HD2 install write up is completed and posted! why are you still reading this? get over there and check it out.

Quick Reply: TQ Converter Install Tutorial