3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another 2wd mudder w/ ?'s(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:40 AM
bighornram08
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eastchase and I-30, down the street from wal-mart. My work buddy goes mudding before work in his jeep, and he showed me and I went for it during my lunch break.lol! lots of fun, I think I will only mud one more time and record it. That way if I have the itch to mud again I can just watch my vid.the Cleaning sucks, and it will be my Sunday to-do list.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:13 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shouldnt be a problem. I know you got the starter down there you may need to be careful about but the bottom gets splashed on all the time by puddles/tire spray/and automatic car washes spray there all the time.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice I go with friends on the otherside of 30 behind target area

Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 AM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

drive through car wash with a undercarriage pressure wash it will wash it while you drive through!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:15 AM
fk1022
All Star

i wash the engine on low pressure, just make sure your truck is running at the time

Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Matt99
Champion

yea dont concentrate on the engine bay too much lol, and tons of sensors and plugs to various part....it helps to spray it down, then go chill for awhile and then go back out to do the final spray off. Letting it soak makes the mud a million times easier to get off.

Me and a buddy welded up a undercarriage stand for our yotas and fourwheelers. After I get mine muddy (which is ofter for me not trying to hit mud) I drive it up on there and spray it off on low. And MMstar, I feel ya on the no mudding policy. Thats what FOURWHEELERS are for. and Yotas/Samauri, etc. But its hard to go hunting or have a lease and not get muddier than hell every once in awhile

Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 AM
hemi slappin
Professional

Originally Posted by bighornram08
Sorry didn't want to thread Jack, so I made my own thread. Anyway..is it ok to spray the bottom of the motor from underneath also , because the bottom of the engine bay is muddy, and I don't want to mess anything up while washing it? Excuse the newbness, I'm only 20 w/ 2wd so I don't have any after-mudding experience.
hahaha im only 20 too man, but still your fine just go under there and spray the truck down with either simple green or purple power and use a pressure washer, if you spray your motor, dont do it real close so you dont destroy anything and you will be alright, it gets wet when it rains outside.. and i always have my truck running when cleaning the motor good thing to do FYI

Quick Reply: Another 2wd mudder w/ ?'s(pics)