3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Throttle cable rubbing/replacment

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 PM
CubanHemi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!!!! Awesome. Now it's just a matter of finding out how much the part is. Thanks guys!!!! Will let you know how it comes out. If I get a chance, I may even do a write up with pics. School and work tae up a lot of my time but we shall see. Thanks again.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
CubanHemi
Amateur

Well, I broke down and just took it in to the stealership. They quoted $265 for the cable/module assembly. I just want to make sure that is the problem. Cuz if it's just a quick fix then $120 is better than spending $265 + labor. But who knows it may end up costing that much anyway. Will keep you guys updated.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
CubanHemi
Amateur

Ok Heard from stealership. $180 to replace the throttle cable. Oh and they also told me that my exhaust gasket is cracked, $480 for repair, and that my front hubs have a lot of play and need replacing, $1500 for that repair. And the guys attitude is crap. Towbin Dodge in Vegas if anyone cares. Will pick up truck tomorrow and let you know how that cable turned out.

Quick Reply: Throttle cable rubbing/replacment