3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 PM
spamn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling kits

I've googled this subject to death but never came up with an official answer. Can you put a leveling kit on a TRX4? Some say yes, some say no, some say you can but you need a special kit.

I'd like to even out my ride height and eventually put on a little larger tire as well so a leveling kit is perfect for me. I'm not into the 6" lifts (mostly because I could never afford to do it properly).

Lastly, how does this affect the ride? I like to drive my truck offroad and have to do so a lot for work anyway. I'm not exactly easy on my suspension. Would putting this spacer above my strut affect the usability/life of the strut?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Old 02-11-2010, 08:32 PM
AJNU2008RAM

I had the same problem on my 08 ram 1500 QC 4x4. I tried I "ready lift" 2.5" leveling kit and the death wobble ... a.k.a. ( front end CV joints binding in 4x4 mode). Front end shimmy and shaked during acceleration real bad. Solution I found is the KORE Inc. 1500 pre-runner kit. It is a complete front end change out. Not cheap, but is worth it. Awesome ride and look. I am now running 35" toyo MT's on the stock 20's with a 1" spacer kit. Check it on the website www.KORERACESHOP.com I would also look into "super springs" and the FOX Piggy back 2.0 rear shoxs that Kore recommends.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Matt99
Champion

People have had good results out of the lift struts for your truck. The ready-lift and such have had pretty good reviews. If you are wanting a higher stance but as good/better riding you need a suspension lift, pretty expensive.

Quick Reply: Leveling kits