3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Car Wash Horror Stories?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:02 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Never use the brush to wash your paint. people scrub their tires, wheels and lower quaters with those brushes. Scratches are going to happen. That is whay I ony use those brushes for the lower panels(below where door spears would go) and for my tires/wheels. That's it.
Do like i do, bring a sponge or wash mit to wipe down your paint.
I don't care how much you spray those brushes, you'l never get all the dirt and grime out of them.
Car wash won't pay for squat. I promise. i use to work at one and now a few owners myself. Now, maybe going through the belted wash where it's automatic, then I would say you could get monies if that scratches your car up noticably bad, but minor scuffs...They'll say.."how do i know it wasn't there before". Unless you took pics before they washed it then your SOL.
BUT, you did it yourself, so no good my friend. Get some claybar and go to town is the best advice i can give. Ohh, and DON'T use the brush on your paint anymore. i know there is a film left if you don't wipe the paint with anything, but that's why i bring a wash mit and wipe down as I'm soaping.

Hammer, i didn't see you in that video?.....lol

Old 02-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Markmm0000
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beastro
hey markmmm0000 u say not to take ur truck threw the automatic car wash. Just want to know how do u clean the undercarge when its been in salt and sand roads all winter and ur hose is froze. because thats the only reason i go threw the car wash is for the undercarge wash
You ever heard of a car wash with pressure washers? Gets cold here too and they are never frozen for me.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:04 PM
ScoPat65
Amateur

Hammer, Hammer, Hammer. That's just not right!

Old 02-14-2010, 01:05 PM
moodydoody
Rookie

hahaha, hammer, wow...

Old 02-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Beastro
Veteran

Originally Posted by Markmm0000
You ever heard of a car wash with pressure washers? Gets cold here too and they are never frozen for me.
With the wand u get the full undercarriage? There not froze here but do u lay down on the ground to get the full undercarriage. the automatice do a complete wash underneath from the middle to the side. Just woundering how u get the hole undercarriage all the nooks and cranies.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Never use the brush to wash your paint. people scrub their tires, wheels and lower quaters with those brushes. Scratches are going to happen. That is whay I ony use those brushes for the lower panels(below where door spears would go) and for my tires/wheels. That's it.
Do like i do, bring a sponge or wash mit to wipe down your paint.
I don't care how much you spray those brushes, you'l never get all the dirt and grime out of them.
Car wash won't pay for squat. I promise. i use to work at one and now a few owners myself. Now, maybe going through the belted wash where it's automatic, then I would say you could get monies if that scratches your car up noticably bad, but minor scuffs...They'll say.."how do i know it wasn't there before". Unless you took pics before they washed it then your SOL.
BUT, you did it yourself, so no good my friend. Get some claybar and go to town is the best advice i can give. Ohh, and DON'T use the brush on your paint anymore. i know there is a film left if you don't wipe the paint with anything, but that's why i bring a wash mit and wipe down as I'm soaping.

Hammer, i didn't see you in that video?.....lol
x2

I use that brush to scrub rocks and sand out of my wheel wells. And then you came along and scrubbed your paint with it? What an idiot... just sayin....

Old 02-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Totti
Amateur

i´m just washing the RAM by hand, first it don´t fit any normal german car wash and second i think the truck would be much cleaner if you washing by hand!! Don´t you think that the paint of the RAM is very sensitive, mine is brilliant black crystal pearl maybe it´s the color???

Old 02-15-2010, 02:05 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
x2

I use that brush to scrub rocks and sand out of my wheel wells. And then you came along and scrubbed your paint with it? What an idiot... just sayin....

harsh to hear it put that way, but 'tis true. I think this all the time when i see people scrubbing down their cars.
The idea that there is dirt and grime in the brush that can scratch your paint is oblivious to many people. So don't feel bad, cuz there's a lot of dumb people out there. ....lol

we talk chit but mean well..

now get out there and claybar it and don't let it happen again....

Old 02-15-2010, 02:58 PM
EASTTEXASDODGE08
Professional

deff dont use the brushes there chit. will scratch and swirl it seems almost everytime, i only use it on my old 2001 chevy work truck that my dad bought for me.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:06 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like someone needs to watch some froggy videos. first the car wash one, then if there are scratches, the clay bar one

Quick Reply: Car Wash Horror Stories?