3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Car Wash Horror Stories?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:21 PM
bball14
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wash Horror Stories?

I'm pretty new here and I've only been lurking around for a few weeks. I will post a pic of my truck somewhere here in this thread.

Anyways, Thursday I went to the carwash here in town to clean the truck up a bit. I always follow the same routine so as to make sure that no one else's road grime scratches my truck. First, I rinsed the whole truck with the want. Then I soaped it up with the want. Next, I rinsed the brush with the want. Then I brushed the truck and rinsed it well.

When the truck dried, it had scratches/swirl marks from the brush all over it. I was pissed! I am trying to get the carwash to pay to have the truck buffed. I have been using the same wash for several years with no problems and always take precautions so as to not scratch my trucks. Nothing is through the clear coat, so I am going to have my body shop give it a good buffing.

Any other car wash horror stories out there? lol

Attached Thumbnails Car Wash Horror Stories?-my-truck.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Markmm0000
Professional

yea every time I go through it with a customers car and listen to those giant spinning brushes slam into the panels. Hand wash your car dont send it through those disasters.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:46 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what somebody did with mine before i bought it i had em buffed out for the most part...some of the bigger or should i say deeper ones come back and it just lets me know its time for a good waxing and it hides em well....

Old 02-13-2010, 07:27 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey, it coulda been worse... MUCH WORSE!!!

http://www.mixx.com/videos/337517/yo...pless_car_wash

Old 02-13-2010, 07:46 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

haha nice Hammer..

Yeah I use my truck too much for work to worry about scratches anymore. Between the branches and brush I've gone through to all the random colored paint scratches I have from people slamming their door into my truck, I've given up. Maybe I'll get it repainted at some point. I've got a pressure washer so the only horror story I've got is when the pump blew up and sent a valve cover at the truck and jacked it up pretty good. At least it wasnt my face.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Beastro
Veteran

hey markmmm0000 u say not to take ur truck threw the automatic car wash. Just want to know how do u clean the undercarge when its been in salt and sand roads all winter and ur hose is froze. because thats the only reason i go threw the car wash is for the undercarge wash

Old 02-13-2010, 07:57 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAMMER I just threw up in my mouth!! You cant burn that image out of your memory!

Old 02-13-2010, 08:14 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

thats just disgusting hammer only you...well maybe frog too would think to post that

Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I only use the wand to wash off the heavy stuff and undercarriage. I never use those hard, crappy brushes. I use my Mr.Clean car wash kit at home and hand wash. Dries spot free!!

Old 02-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Hey, it coulda been worse... MUCH WORSE!!!

http://www.mixx.com/videos/337517/yo...pless_car_wash
Hammer, that's funny.

The car wash horror story, it's a truck, it's supposed to be dirty. I have washed my truck 4 times since I bought it 3 years ago. Each of those time it really needed to get the salt residue off from the roads. The one time it was really dirty and I washed it was when I got back from Rausch Creek for the 1st time I was looking at some dings in the body from close encounters. Aside from that, the dirt from the road and off road comes off when it rains, mostly. It is kind of satisfying when you mark your parking spot with mud.

Last edited by Pirata; 02-14-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Car Wash Horror Stories?