3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

uconnect question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 PM
yeah_its_a_hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uconnect question

i have a 2008 ram 1500 slt i was wondering if i could swap out the head unit i have now to the uconnect one. right now i have just cd,satellite and radio. i am also planning on putting in subs and a amp and speakers will the uconnect sitll run with a aftermarket stero system hooked up to it or am i better off on putting in a aftermakert head unti like an alpine and not bother with the uconnect the hands free is pretty awesome.

thanks for reading

Old 02-16-2010, 05:01 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The u-connect is a separate unit from the radio, but I don't think that it will work with an aftermarket radio. I swapped from the standard single cd radio to the RAQ factory 6 disc/mp3 radio and it still works. Someone may make an adapter to use it with an aftermarket radio, but i have never looked.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 PM
yeah_its_a_hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i was just wondering because the uconnect is pretty cool so i just wanted to know if i could hook up 2 subs and an amp to the uconnect system with stock radio or if it was just better to get a aftermarket deck and dont bother with the uconnect

Old 04-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

little bit of an old thread here guys but i am in kinda the same situation.

Although i have uconnect and i have the 6 disk mp3 sirus deck, also the infinity system. Same deck as you Lxman1 (i think)

Now my only dilemma is that i would like to put in an aftermarket system. Im thinking of just keeping the infinity speakers, just running them through one of my tma amps that i have. I want to put in an aftermarket head unit tho, i was looking at the alpine INA-W900. The whole works DVD, NAV. Of course add in the adapters for sirus and whatnot.

I am just wondering tho that if i do this has someone found a way to still use the uconnect system with this headunit. Or any for that matter!? I have done some searches and came up with nothing. I have thought about just using the mic and stuff from the aftermarket unit. However then i have an expensive unit that i could put to good use but i am not using.

If i did a thread jack sorry :S

Quick Reply: uconnect question