3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Water Pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 AM
SlvrRAM05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi Water Pump

So...found a coolant puddle under the truck yesterday. Had a leak earlier from the reservoir hose, went there first it's still tight.. Best I can tell it's either coming from the upper hose fitting gasket (Where the thermostat sits) or the top of the water pump...

Plan on tackling this this weekend...I've got plenty of tools (Air tools/Hand Tools/Etc). My only experience in changing a water pump on a dodge was on a 250 Ram Van w/ the 318 and it was a giant PITA (Had to pull all front acc and flywheel to get it off)

Wanted to see if anyone has changed one and how much time I should make sure I have to tackle this..The leak isn't that bad (1 pint or so of antifreeze for 6 hrs of driving) So I'm not in a HUGE hurry, but I'm a truck driver and my time at home is limited...so wanna get this knocked out this weekend while I'm at home

Old 02-18-2010, 03:02 PM
SlvrRAM05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump.....

Old 02-18-2010, 04:31 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Not hard. Pull the fan and shroud and then the radiator for room. Then pull the belt and pulleys for more room and then the pump. I have taken mine off when i did my cam.

This thread here might help with some pics.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...on-a-hemi.html

Last edited by weedahoe; 02-18-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Hemi Water Pump