3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine trouble code

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Josh E
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it's gonna be wednesday at the earliest...........both dealers said their booked.....MPG's have went to hell the past day or so.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Josh E
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took the truck into the dealership today. Come to find out, 05's have a pcm update for the emissions. Resets some perimeters along with totally reseting all my shift points. Very very happy about that. Super smooth shifts at the right rpm's through out. I talked to the mechanic a little about some odds-n-ends and boy was a suprised. He was wondering why after the last visit i still had the short ram intake on it. I simply replied mopar had made a CAI for the hemi and he just gave me the deer in the head light look. He said"well i can almost guarentee you will always have this problem from here on out or until you put the stock system back on". Funny thing is i talked to another dealer a little farther away and he said no way is that causing the problem. Each to there own i guess. In a roung about way i mentioned a tuner for the truck just to see what response i would get and this is what i got...."ooooh i don't think that would be a good idea, the hemi has very fragile heads and they won't take much more than what factory has to offer them". I walked away on that one. Them thinking the CAI is causing all the problem is killing me though.....i guess they like strictly factory vehicles

Quick Reply: Engine trouble code