3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Went for a little trailride..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:05 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Im not sure bout cozy, haha. It was the "custom" model, pretty bare-bones: rollup windows, pushbutton locks, bench seat, the works, haha. BUT, I paid $1500 for it, did the usual little fix-its, new clutch, $1000 roughly between exhaust and tires, and drove the **** outta it. It made its money back triple fold. I bet I sold $8-10k of firewook outta that thing, plus all the sidework I did cutting trees and stacking brush on it. Then, it met its demise in that damn mudhole, bent every damn pushrod in the bastard, haha. The 5-0's are tough, but not that tough..

Hell, I still sold the truck for $200, and the tires for $300, it was still making money after it died

Old 02-22-2010, 03:07 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

how the hell did you do that Joe? Screenshot or something? Haha, preciate it either way. Diesel swap in the Jeep huh? That'll be a trip for sure. If you start that on this side of the country, Id be interested in at least watching and learning for sure. I make a helluva go-fer

Edit: Notice how the license plate was still level? Zip ties FTW They wont even black, I spraypainted them to match the bumper, haha, cant hide class

Old 02-22-2010, 03:11 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, yea it probably won't happen till I'm back over there. It's still sitting on my parents land up in Minnesota resting in the old barn. I'll probably haul it down to lynchburg if I ever move back there. I got a call on friday about a job interview so....its lookin more and more likely I might end up back there again. Only time will tell.

Back to the subject of trail riding, where did you and that ol hoss ford of yours wheel at?

Old 02-22-2010, 03:11 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

oh and, I got dem internet skillz lol. I just upped the image to imageshack.us and whala

Old 02-22-2010, 03:12 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

BTW, Im terribly sorry Thunder, I didnt mean to jack your thread up and turn it into something about my rides, just had something in common with the old fords and I kinda ran with it, haha. Can't wait to see some more pics coming in, I might have to make a few new ones myself here soon

Theres a spot called "Shoe Creek", up near the Wintergreen area, sorta. Been a couple years since I been there. The whole trail was spotted with campsites off to the side, pretty cool. Ride for an hour or so, pick a spot, build the fire, drink the beer, and watch the other rigs come through, all night long, haha. I wanna say it was up closer to Crabtree Falls and such, but Im not too terribly sure. That pic was taken at the end of the trail, just a random rock I decided to pick on for the pic. That Samurai you can barely see was/is pretty badass. 6in spring-over kit, 32's, lockers, man it would go anywhere. Then we had a completely done-up xterra, god knows exactly what he had done, that thing was ****. Inside and out rhinolined, haha. Like I said, I was WAY outta my league with these guys, but it was fun stuff. "Thumbs-Up 4wheelin" was the name

Last edited by 4.7Ram5.7Rango; 02-22-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:09 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Heres a few pics I dug up off an old memory card. This is from a club cookout I had at the crib. These are WAY old pics of these rigs. The Samaurai with the orange strip is the same one in the pic with my ford, the other 'Zuk is now lifted 6in spring-over with 33's and painted blue. The Nissan got taller and bigger tires before he had to sell when he got some chick knocked up..... Of course, none of my rides. They weren't pic-worthy next to these beasts, haha. Still looking for trail pics though dammit.

Name:  015-5.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  106.9 KB

Name:  017-3.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  162.9 KB

Name:  018-4.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  146.3 KB

Name:  019-2.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  165.8 KB

Name:  020-1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  117.7 KB

Old 02-22-2010, 02:09 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

haha thats great. All those trucks in your "lynchburg driveway" lol. Neighbors are like, "WTF?" That nissan is sportin the snorkle, gotta love the outback style

Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Dont worry about it 4.7, I started this thread to talk to some like minded indaviduals that actually USE their trucks.. So far I guess its just the 3 of us.. The 35" tires I was gonna put on this week, well I called the guy today to go buy them off him but the ***** sold them.. But I found some 35" bfg muds for cheaper on craigslist but only like 40% tread left, but it should work for the summer then Ill buy new tires when I have more cash in the winter..

What kind of nissan is that in those pictures? Im not a fan of suzukis but the nissan would be a whicked trail rig, enough room for gear and with a roof rack where you can attach a basket you could haul as much supplies as a pickup probably.. What kind of trails is there down by you joehemi?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:26 PM
draco8494
Captain

i dun use my truck for a trail truck cuz its a 2500.. it DOES NOT FLEX tried and nogo, lmao even tho its got a solid axle, thats why i got thisName:  0201001614.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  302.8 KB altho i got new springs, and now it wants to flip all the time

Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

Nice rig draco...that paint job is trippin! lol

Sorry about those tires man, that sucks. They are always popping up though. Not many trails down here on public land. Ive done a little wheeling at mt rainier, leavenworth, and eatonville area. Most public trails only allow 4 wheelers/ATVs down here. Theres a few were if you become part of a club, the membership price covers certain outtings but I havent gotten around to finding a club. Might be moving soon so not too high up on the priority list right now