3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
bridogr1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Suggestions

Not sure exactly what truck you have but I am selling a flowmaster system. I never even opened the box.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_178946/mpag.../tm.htm#178946

ORIGINAL: WingViper

What setup did you get of the Flowmaster and did you hang it yourself? If I may, what $ did you pick it up for?

Old 04-28-2005, 12:43 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an 04 HEMI, Supposedly its different, I'm not sure how, but the price you are selling it at would make it a steal. Thanks for the offer though.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Avanti
Captain

Just for future reference. Aluminized exhaust will last for years, as some note here. Depending on clime, etc. it can be many, many years. And, it typically corrodes through from the inside (condensation on cool downs), not from the outside.

The outside can be painted with high-temp paint, if one wishes. I prefer "stove black" or one of the specialty stainless sprays that "cures" with heat. If done when the exhause is new, simply wipe down the pipes with laquer thinner, let dry, and shoot. Don't sand.

All the best.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:45 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

Stacks baby! Stacks

Old 04-29-2005, 12:06 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What setup did you get of the Flowmaster and did you hang it yourself? If I may, what $ did you pick it up for?
I am going to hang it myself, on Saturday.... Looks easy enough. I was under the truck putting on nerf bars tonight, I think it will take no more than 2 hours from start to clean up. Paid $395 plus tax and $8.95 handling from Summit Racing.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:58 AM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it require welding to seal the pipes or does it really matter? I've never worked on a kit before. Always went to Quality Muffler in Canton for my S-10, haha.

Old 04-30-2005, 12:24 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Does it require welding to seal the pipes or does it really matter? I've never worked on a kit before. Always went to Quality Muffler in Canton for my S-10, haha.

No it did not require welding.

My estimate was right on, 2 hours, start to clean up. Went with the rear exit, Flowmaster setup has both rear and behind the rear tires. You could shave 30-60 minutes off this time if you have a helper, nothing worse than getting up from under the truck to get all the parts as you work. Would also help to have someone when you pull the old exhaust off. Mine came off easy, guess the 160 miles had a little to do with that

The exhaust has a nice mellow, rather quiet sound at idle, but hit the gas and you know it is not stock.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Suggestions