3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TRX4 guys..

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:05 PM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the TRX4s sit up 1.5" higher than others and a leveling kit could put to much of an angle on your cv shafts. I haven't seen many TRX4s on here but maybe someone will know more. Hammer usually knows alot about this sort of thing.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Senomar_DTK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same truck as you OP just an 07. I was looking into getting a suspension lift but this would be good to know anyways.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:49 AM
BIGFERM
Professional

I got an 08 TRX4 QC with a 2.5 inch leveling kit up front (installed Aug '09), haven't had any problems since, jus make sure and get an alignment done after you've installed it and retighten/check the bolts again after a 100 miles or so...

Old 02-24-2010, 02:24 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy has an 08 same as mine except he bought the trx4.. It sits the same height and everything.. He boasts about his truck being supperior, I think he payed 10 thou more then me for skid plates, tow hooks and pretty painted shocks.

Long story short for the OP I sold him the pro comp 2.5" leveling kit I had in my truck and he said he couldnt get it installed in because the trx4 has different struts, I wasnt there to help him so my conclusion is that hes just weetardeddd. I looked into it and found that they are the same so it should work.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 AM
spamn

Originally Posted by BIGFERM
I got an 08 TRX4 QC with a 2.5 inch leveling kit up front (installed Aug '09), haven't had any problems since, jus make sure and get an alignment done after you've installed it and retighten/check the bolts again after a 100 miles or so...
Good to hear from an actual TRX4 owner. I ordered a 2" kit to level mine out. I'm going to replace my wobbly tire rod ends at the same time and then get an alignment.

Are you still running stock wheels and tires? I'd like to put some 33s or even 35s on mine once it's leveled.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Bigc9164
Veteran

trx4 comes with skid plates and new shocks....thats it....and a sticker

Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 AM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all new trucks come with new shocks dont they???????

Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 AM
spamn

I think you are confusing the TRX4 trucks with the TRX package that Dodge offers for the 2wd models.

Dodge TRX4 is based no the SLT with these additional features standard:

Unique 17-inch aluminum wheels
P265 all-terrain tires
Limited-slip differential
3.92 Gears
Skid plates
Upgraded red-painted shock absorbers
Body-color grille surround
Tow hooks
Fog lamps

Due to this, we sit just a tad higher (1" is the general consensus that I've heard) and we also have issues with the "unique" wheels rubbing from factory.

Last edited by spamn; 02-24-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by spamn
I think you are confusing the TRX4 trucks with the TRX package that Dodge offers for the 2wd models.

Dodge TRX4 is based no the SLT with these additional features standard:

Unique 17-inch aluminum wheels
P265 all-terrain tires
Limited-slip differential
3.92 Gears
Skid plates
Upgraded red-painted shock absorbers
Body-color grille surround
Tow hooks
Fog lamps

Due to this, we sit just a tad higher (1" is the general consensus that I've heard) and we also have issues with the "unique" wheels rubbing from factory.
lol what? The only things on that list that are different from any other truck are the A/T tires, skid plates, and red shock absorbers. Everything else can come on any truck.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
spamn

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
lol what? The only things on that list that are different from any other truck are the A/T tires, skid plates, and red shock absorbers. Everything else can come on any truck.
I think you're missing the point. The keyword here is "standard". I was not trying to imply anything else. As far as the wheels being "unique", I am not sure of that. They look like all of the other 17" Ram wheels I see around. I am just thankful that I don't have those horrible 20" wheels.

The shocks are not just standard and painted red, obviously. It was rumored that we had a leveling kit from the factory but that is nowhere near true. The shocks just have us sitting about an inch higher up front but stil with a huge rake.

Hopefully another TRX4 owner can chime in here. I was just curious as to what tires can be ran on the standard wheels after leveling or what size on aftermarket wheels.

Quick Reply: TRX4 guys..