3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

another HID question. easy question.please help me out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 PM
dmiller369
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking another HID question. easy question.please help me out.

OK ill cut right to the chase,

i want to buy HID for my 2007 dodge ram 1500 mega cab.
i noticed the discount for dodge forum members.

What heat grade do you recommend? 8000k?

also i thought i read in the past that these are know to set off check engine lights? is this true?

also if you get the 60 dollar kit, does it only use hid as your low beams? whats used as high beams?

it seems like you high beams will now be dimmer and low beams brighter?

im love the look but confused on what im buyin. please help me out
thanks

Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

8000ks are gonna be pretty blue

the $60 kits are just low beam

dont buy hid extra, they screwed me and plenty of guys on here over

Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 PM
dmiller369

whats HID extra?

and whats the diffrence in low beam and high beam for not the Bi

Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

HID extra is the company giving the discount on this forum but their products are pretty hit or miss

I know of another company giving discounts but its on another forum. Im assuming we cant promote something if its on another forum right?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 PM
dmiller369

ok so i guess my question is what are your guyses recomendations on companies to buy from and what heat rating?

i want somewhere close to that price.

if you dont want to post it then at please just PM me. i really dont want to get screwed on my money. i work hard for it ya know.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

yeah you dont have to tell me, military pay sucks.

regarding the heat rating(color) go to this link and see which one you like the most. 6000k is pretty close to white. Ive got 8000k that have a hint of blue that I like. http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-x...lour-chart.php

The "other" site used to have a guy who made kits that was very reputable. Another member here and I have kits from him that were flicker free, plug and play. This company is who he is recommending since he is retiring from the business. The only downside is they are more expensive. Im a believer in you get what you pay for though.

http://www.dodge talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287505

just delete the space in between dodge and talk then go to that link and try them is my recommendation. Im sure some other people will chime in with their recommendations as well soon.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:14 AM
dmiller369

daaaang. thanks for your help. i guess i wasnt expecting to pay that much. i was lookin for something in the 70.00 price range. hahah

Old 02-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Animal Mother
Captain

yeah i think i paid 260 for mine. I dont know how much that discount is. Its worth an email or phone call to find out

Old 02-24-2010, 02:12 AM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

If you want a decent set go to hidextra and get the DIGITAL SLIM BALLAST kit, they run 90$ before the 10% code you get on here. All the people here that have the problems with HIDextra, including myself, had the magnetic ballast from the 60$ kit, get the digital ones and you should be fine. Just make sure you tell them that your buying it for your truck and they should send the capacitors that correct the lamp out error. As far as for color, I run 8000k in mine and they look very blue with a slight purple tint to em. The lower the rating, the more white they will be, the higher will be more blue.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

My first HID kits I paid over 300 for my bi-xenon 9007s and xenon 9006 fogs. Man was I stupid!!

What I didnt know was all they were doing was taking a basic kit for less than 60 bux and putting relays and/or resistors on them so they wouldnt flicker and reselling at a much higher price.

Now granted they were selling them with lifetime warrantys but those warrantys are NO GOOD when something goes wrong and they wont send you a part until you pull yours apart, send it to them and wait for them to test it and send the part back.

I learned this the hard way when one of my bulbs went out. Instead of waiting 1-2weeks for a replacement BULB and whatever the cost was, I went to ebay and bought a TWO BULBS brand new and shipped for $10

When my bi-xenon relay went out and I called to get a replacement I was told they didnt have any in stock. So again, I went to ebay and bought one and had it 3 days later.

Now, I wont pay more than 60 for a complete kit.

As for HIDextra, I have bought two D2S kits from them and had zero issues.

Quick Reply: another HID question. easy question.please help me out.