3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New pa body lift on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The BL wasnt as hard as what I though it would be. I was really dreading it personally. But once I got into it, it was really easy. You shouldnt have any issues

Old 02-28-2010, 12:13 AM
donjohnk
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I can help you out in this situation Bear.. you can donate those flashy rims and tires to me and Ill give ya my stock rims-bald tires so it will make ya get some nasty mudders! lol j/k but really Im game! ill pay for shipping for it all!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:59 AM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats bear... the truck is gunna look badass 3" higher. like weed said, nothing all too difficult. the only part i had issues with was that goddam steering extention, and the bed bolts were a bitch to get out since they were all rusty. dont worry about it if you have a lot of extra nuts/bolts and other odds and ends left over, theres just some things you will find you dont need.
also, if you dont already have an e-fan, you may want to consider getting one, that way you dont have to *** with the fan shroud as much

Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 AM
BEAR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cheapbeater
congrats bear... the truck is gunna look badass 3" higher. like weed said, nothing all too difficult. the only part i had issues with was that goddam steering extention, and the bed bolts were a bitch to get out since they were all rusty. dont worry about it if you have a lot of extra nuts/bolts and other odds and ends left over, theres just some things you will find you dont need.
also, if you dont already have an e-fan, you may want to consider getting one, that way you dont have to *** with the fan shroud as much
Thanks for all the advice fellows. Yeah Beater I already got the e-fan

Old 02-28-2010, 08:51 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats man, level and BL good combination.

Yeah having great tires kinda sucks though. I've got a buddy with Mickey ATZs on his Z71, strictly a work truck. 85k miles on them last I saw the guy and he's gonna try to hit the century mark. IMO I'd change 'em out but he'll prolly get those last 15k out of them.

My Cepeks, same deal. I'da kinda want to go to 37s (if I can figure the grille guard/winch mount deal out), but with only 29k miles on mine, the still easily have 90% tread on them...

Quick Reply: New pa body lift on the way!