3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tires, spacers, and a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:41 PM
ATXNGUY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires, spacers, and a few questions...

Hi all,

Well, my stock tires are ready for a replacement!
I am set on the Cooper Zeon LTZ but I am not sure which size I want to get.
I thought about just going with the stock 275/60/R20, But I would not mind the 305/50/R20.
My concern is that the smaller sidewall will look too thin with my stock rims and I would lose 1" from the height of the tires. Thoughts?

Also, I am going to put on a 2.5" level for the front. Anyone have a good recommendation to buy them from (brand)? I also considered added additional spacer lift in addition to the level. Maybe 4" in the front, 1.5" in the rear, is that possible? If I lift it that much, do my shocks need to be changed out?

Once it gets lifted a bit, my question goes back to the tires...which fills up the wheelwell better?

Any recommendations would help out. I did search on the forum a bit and there are tons of info all over!

This is my daily and I spend 70% on the highway.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:18 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

The Search function above in that little black bar across the screen and FAQ section should be your best friends right now. LOTS of info regarding your questions.

real quick...stick with stock size. lifting WILL NOT help the skinnier sidewall. CANNOT go higher than 2.5" up front for a level unless you went for a body lift. Again, lots of threads regarding this stuff. Spend some time and do a little searching as you will find more info than any thing answered in your thread.
Check out Moe's Performance, Airram.com, 4wheel parts.....etc

Lifting the front alone will hurt your MPG's. higher you go, the worse it will get until a certain point.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you cant go over 2in up front. and they only recommend 1.5in

and you could get the width and keep the sidewall , just get bigger tires with the level

Quick Reply: Tires, spacers, and a few questions...