3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Installing lights behind the grill

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 PM
FlexJohnson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Installing lights behind the grill

To all of you out there with the off-road lights installed behind the grills.. First off I think it looks effen sweet and I would like to do it myself.. Can any of you guys tell me exactly what you mounted the lights to behind the grill or what you had to fabricate to mount the lights?? Pictures of the install or under your hood would be greatly appreciated...

Old 03-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

There is a crossmember mounted just below and in front of the radiator, most up us just drill into and bolt up the mounting hardware from the lights. I have seen some guys make brackets, and some brackets that can even hold a bunch more lights. Look in Dirty Dog's sig, he's got a hyperlink that brings you to how and where to install the lights. Just click the link and go to post number 18 for the install.

edit: btw welcome to the forums, we got a good buncha guys and a gal now lol that will help ya out.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Senomar_DTK
Professional

Welcome and it's pretty easy once you get to it. Shiloh helped me get my first pair and and there are lots of threads about them, so go search crazy.

The cross member bar is what i used as well, but then i wanted 2 more lights so i bought an awesome light bar that was custom made.

Anything else just shout

Quick Reply: Installing lights behind the grill