3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just got my '07 Ram...and this happens???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:35 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it is a new truck to you but if it isn't bad just get some touch up paint and do a little repair yourself. Unfortunately it won't b the last scratch. Good luck..

Old 03-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Senomar_DTK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your young (like myself although I'm in second year of college) and accidents to do happen especially growing up and all that stuff.

When I first got my truck I made a nice little dent in the front bumber from a cement pole and then awhile after that a tree randomly appeared behind me while I backed up leaving another little dent.

And I just left em cause one day when I put more into my truck I'll
replace the bumpers, but for now they can take a little beating if it happens.

Good luck

Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Animal Mother
Captain

Originally Posted by Senomar_DTK
When I first got my truck I made a nice little dent in the front bumber from a cement pole and then awhile after that a tree randomly appeared behind me while I backed up leaving another little dent.
damn those invisible cement poles that pop up. ive got a small dent also

Old 03-10-2010, 07:58 AM
BlakeCP29
Professional

my free period on thursday happens to be the last period of the day, the same time most parents come pick up their kids...so im just gonna watch the line and whoever's passanger bumper has got white paint i will confront, hopefully get $250 from her, and probably just pocket it and leave the bumper for now and just do some touch up or have someone airbrush it for cheaper

Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Duroc
Professional

I left a scratch on my wifes 300c rear bumper for a year that someone gave us in a parking lot. Couple months ago an old man backed into the same scratched spot in once again a parking lot. This time his insurance paid and the bumper looks great again. The old guy couldn't figure out why I wasn't mad at him. The whole time I was thinking about how I was going to get the other scratch fixed to. I smiled and told him no big deal your insurance will get this don't worry about it, good times.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
BlakeCP29
Professional

Yah i found who did it...one of my better friends! his f-150 has scratches that match...and the black paint on my bumper was from the the undercoat of his off-white truck. But he wont admit it! 3 girls came to me this morning and told me who it was, i talked to him, went to his car, his scratches match, there's white paint from my truck onhis tire, and he wont admit it! my dad said just leave it alone and he will get it fixed...but im still pissed. and the kid tried to squeeze in next to me just cuz we both had white trucks! what an idiot!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f that man make him pay. take it to the dean or something...

Old 03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Albertaramfan
Captain

He is an idiot for doing that. Might wanna reconsider who your friends are man.
I rear ended a good friend the day I bought my truck. He stopped on pavement and I didn't stop on ice. He was such a good friend he offered to pay half because he felt it was half his fault for stopping so suddenly for no reason lol.

Good luck with the repairs tho. There are some guys out there that can do patch repairs and several are good enough you would never be able to tell. They don't charge a fortune either.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM
BlakeCP29
Professional

well he's not necessarily a good friend...we just have known each other since we were like 3 cuz we've always gone to the same school. but yah he says he didnt hit me but hes gonna "look" after school and see if the scratches match (ive checked twice, they do) and he said he would call his dad and figure it out if he has to pay. I was gonna get it patched up but if he pays then looks like im gettin a bumper repaint! the guy before me that had the truck had a brush guard that left a few nicks in the bumper as well, so looks like those will be fixed on my friends behalf!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
BlakeCP29
Professional

the dean actually came up to me and had heard about the incident through another student, but i told her i would take care of it myself. if he doesnt pay then in a few months when i wont be a suspect...those pirelli's hes got will be slashed...and maybe a window busted? haha just kidding, but seriously he better pay me! i usually park in 2 spots cuz we have little skinny spaces and ive gotten door dings on my dad's tahoe, but my "friends" dumbass tried to fit his f150 into 1/2 a space...what an idiot

Quick Reply: Just got my '07 Ram...and this happens???