3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What HID kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010 | 04:05 PM
skater29x

vvme.com cheap hid kits that work good great

Old 03-12-2010 | 05:20 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Ive got Chads kits. both fogs and beams and while there are good and trouble free for the most part, they are not cheap. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldnt buy them. I would get ebay kits and add my own resistors.

The only problem I have with Chad is his warranty. Yeah it is lifetime but that means if something goes wrong (even bulbs) you have to take it off, ship it out, wait to be tested and told it is defective, wait for replacement to come in and they put it on.

I had this happen with a bulb. I couldnt wait so I ordered a pair of D2S bulbs off ebay for $10 shipped. I got them in about 3 days and still have them in now.

The other time was when my relay went out. Chad didnt have any so again, I ordered on ebay, got it a few days later. I changed it out and its working in the truck now.

So lifetime is good if you can wait for a while. I cant.

Old 03-13-2010 | 01:15 AM
mmstar23
|
Champion

i appreciate the responses.... i guess i just gotta look into each of these sources and make a decission.

Old 03-13-2010 | 01:31 AM
mmstar23
|
Champion

so those that have mentioned vvme.com .......are they reliable....no flicker BS kits? theyre very cheap.... intenseHID isnt too bad either....looks like i can get a bi xenon with flicker cancelor for $165 and $99 for the fogs... that isnt too bad..... and id much rather spend the money if intense HID is hands down better

Old 03-13-2010 | 01:43 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I know people who have bought kits from nearly every big site online, and I have yet to see better results from anyone but intensehid.com. I dont understand why they arent bigger with the quality and customer service that they have. I really hope you buy from them because you really will be happy with them.

Old 03-13-2010 | 01:53 AM
mmstar23
|
Champion

Thanks man, i probally will...it looks a legit business....its says theyre made from japan, and you say fast shipping....so that leads me to believe they have a warehouse here in the US? because International shipping and fast dont go together...lol

Old 03-13-2010 | 02:03 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I got everyone of my 4 sets withing 2 business days on the standard shipping, of course they are based in california so its just south of me, but I still imagine it would be quite fast even to you.

Old 03-13-2010 | 02:18 AM
mmstar23
|
Champion

awesome....they'll be ordered this week, ill post pics of the HEMI when theyre installed and done. CA -> FL is normally 5 days for me

Old 03-14-2010 | 11:21 AM
rickman

hey i have a dodge caliber and i got my hid lights from intensehid.com and my flicker after every 3 min how do i fix that problem if u all know haha?

Old 03-14-2010 | 12:18 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Did you get the flicker relay harness? Here is the reason why you need the flicker harness.

The flicker harness or other might call it the BMW/Mercedes Benz harness is known to get rid of the flickering issues or headlamp error light issue. This issue is known on most European cars (BMW/BENZ/AUDI) and now it is occur on some American cars (CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP). The reason behind this is due to halogen bulb being 55W and HID being 35W. Therefore, when an HID kit is installed into the vehicle, the car ECU detect the lights running at 35W instead of the normal 55W. Two things will happen when it detect this. 1. When running at 35W, the ECU thinks the light bulb on one side is broken and cut down on the power it sends to the headlight, causing the HID to flicker because there is not enough power. 2. It will cause a headlight error light on the dash because it think 1 side of the headlight is broken. One or both of these issue will occur. The flicker harness will plug inline with the ballast (Plug and Play harness). The flicker harness will trick the ECU into thinking the HID is running at 55W, when it is really running at 35W. This will trick the ECU into thinking that both side of the headlights are working fine and will allow the ECU to give the headlights full power to run properly, which will get rid of the flickering issue and error light issue. This harness is safe and will not damage any ECU or electrical wiring.

- intensehid.com