3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vararam vs ram hammer intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:12 PM
trimel327
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vararam vs ram hammer intake

i am down to these two intakes for my hemi, just wanted some input from anyone out there who has used either or both of them, the vararam looks hard, my friend has one and it gave him more power gains than a chip. i have also heard the ram hammer does a pretty decent job, but they are kind of rare.. . . .

Old 03-10-2010, 08:20 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first off, you are gonna have a hell of a time trying to find a ramhammer. that company went under some time ago. and they only made a small handful of those before they went. Now BFI makes pretty much the same exact intake though. only difference is that its two pieces instead of one i believe. very nice intake. the vararam is also a very nice intake. out of all the intakes out there, those are the two that will most likely give you some noticeable gains. either way you go is a step in the right direction. but i think the vararam has some proven track time improvements, whereas i have not seen any from BFI.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:21 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also keep in mind that with the hemi, a CAI is more of a supporting mod. you arent really gonna see the benefits of it until you start doing more upgrades.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Kebo
Professional

The Big 3 as it is referred to. CAI, programmer, and exhaust.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

Ive got a BFI, I cant see one intake really being a whole lot better than the other based on what other people have said. For me it really just came down to whether or not I wanted a huge piece of plastic on top of my engine. I chose not. I think CAI's get over hyped though, I dont have any serious mods but I didnt really notice much of a performance increase. People act like those things gave them an extra 50hp but it's really only a slight improvement IMO.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:44 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I would chose the Vararam over the BFI. Because of some of the poor business practices lately with BFI and also they are back ordered at least 2 months right now I think.

Those are 2 big reasons I would go with vararam and its way more BA looking.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

True Airflow Innovations is backed up. They just made a composite BFI and I believe they are stocking up to meet the demand before they start shipping them. The vararam is supposed to have a lot of fitment issues as well. So there are negatives to both these products

Old 03-10-2010, 08:56 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

Really I have not heard of fitment on the Vararam, I have heard of people getting scammed out of money, and waiting for 2 months for a rubber reducer from Airblow Ino. And other things but I would deff steer away from them.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

Ive seen quite a few people complain about the fitment on DT. Plastic didnt seal right, the hood rubbing on the top, things like that. I dont even know what a "rubber reducer" is so I cant comment on that.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:08 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

rubber piece between TB and CAI

Sorry if I am being a ***** I am in a bad mood so don't take anything I say to heart. I am just trying to share what I have read and seen.

Last edited by oefootball_70; 03-10-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Quick Reply: vararam vs ram hammer intake