3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P2299 Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Adam_MA
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P2299 Code

So I was goofing around in my truck last night, and I had read about the key trick to pull codes. My truck pulled a P2299. I did a search, and came up with this.

P2299 Brake Pedal Pos / Accelerator Pedal Pos Incompatible

What exactly does that mean, and what is the fix?

I did front brakes in my truck a couple of weeks ago. I was able to compress the pistons back in and reinstalled the pads and new rotors.

Though I have a bad squeek now on the passenger side that I need to pull it back off to find, the pedal seems fine, and the truck stops great. Could the truck have thrown this code from when I was done and had to pump the pistons back into position?

Thanks in advance
Adam

Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Adam_MA
Rookie

Just looking back, does anyone have any info on this code? Or possibly a pointer to a web site that I could do some further research?

Thanks
Adam

Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep......you used the "two foot technique".........braked whilst still applying gas.
Pressing the two peddles simultaneously, according to the PSC/computer, are inconsistent with each other.
In the real world, we all know that's not true.........POWER BRAKING Wooo hoooo!!!!
Al.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Adam_MA
Rookie

Ahhhh... So this code is probably left over from before I got rid of the factory crapyear tires, and though it would be funny to get the rear tires to hit the speed limiter, while sitting still!!! Good times!!!

Quick Reply: P2299 Code