3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: Mirrors, Flares, or Other?
Tow Mirrors (OEM style - glass)
38.71%
Bushwacker Flares (pocket style)
51.61%
Oher
9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Tow Mirrors or Fender Flares?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im still not completely sold on the look of the flares. i love the protection they offer, but im just not sure how good they'll look. on mmstars truck they look like sex, but the same flares on senselesscreationz didnt look that great at all (so he says). very different looking trucks using the same flares creates very different results. not sure how they'd look on mine

Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the flares would give you the aggressivness your looking for, just can't bury your tires with flare. You need a tire that will fill out a flare and I think that is the difference between sex and not so good.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well these are 35x12.5 on a 4.5 BS rim, so im pretty sure they'd be even with the flare. I'll be getting Trail Grapps in a couple months cause these tires SUUCK. Havent decided if i want 37's or 35's yet. Mostly made up my mind with 35's again, but thats a whole new poll down the road.

Back to the topic at hand... I think the difference between "sex and not so good" has more to do with the rest of the truck. For instance, mmstars is much much longer and taller, so the flares dont look as huge. they definitely add to the truck. senseless's truck is not near as tall (<6" total lift) and shorter (RCSB) so the flares look much bigger in proportion.

I'm drawing a blank...anyone know if anyone has a black QCSB with 6" lift and 35's and these flares? JasonD maybe? i dont remember

Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

af that tire set up is the same as mine and the wheels are flush with the flares ...perfect and look great .

Old 03-18-2010, 01:17 AM
gasguy
Professional

Flares are on my list, behind a lot of other stuff...i guess you can see my tow's

Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 AM
jfrerichs89
Rookie

The tow mirrors make it so much easier just to park my truck on a regular occasion, i made the change in december. The flares would look mean only if you got them with the paint matched imo...... plus the tow mirrors make the truck look just as mean and it would look better to have tow mirrors without flares vs flares without tow mirrors

Quick Reply: Tow Mirrors or Fender Flares?