3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

First Part done Of rhino Lining Bull Bar.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
aidenhardcore
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Part done Of rhino Lining Bull Bar.

So I started My proccess of rhino lining my bull bar today. Its not done but the sanding is. All you people with the infor yesturday was great. I started sanding at 230 and stoped at 7. A long time But i think is ok. You people said to really scuff it up. I used 400 gritt Paper as only my auto store had. Then used 200 gritt to really dig in and back to 400. I also used a wheels paint stripper to try and get the blue paint off. I thought it was painted on but now i think it was p/c on, That blue paint wont come damm off. I got alot of parts to bare metal and sanded the *** out of it for 4 and a half hours. I went crazy. Tomorrow i will use some de greaser to clean it and then start the spray painting of the truck rhino bed coating. Im not really good at painting but took all of your infor guys and hope it comes out good.I know this is long story but Im just glad i got the first big part of sanding done. Im happy. Thanks guys. Will post pics when its done.

This pic is when I frist started sanding.
Name:  ccccs.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  95.4 KB

As you can see This is going to be how i paint it. You can still see blue paint on it but I sanded the heck out of it for hours, Used everything even some paint stripping luqid that guy at auto store said. hope thats ok?

Name:  ccccccc.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  89.7 KB

Old 03-17-2010, 07:24 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

looks like you took our advice , lookin good . just make sure its ruffed up so the material can seep in the spaces .
should look great.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 PM
aidenhardcore
Captain

Thanks Ramhunter. Will do

Old 03-17-2010, 07:45 PM
RamGentry13
Veteran

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
looks like you took our advice , lookin good . just make sure its ruffed up so the material can seep in the spaces .
should look great.
agreed. looking forward to seeing the end result

Old 03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
rebel61021
Veteran

I would get a roll of plastic and make yourself a little paint booth or you are gonna get over spray on everything in that picture if that is where you are gonna spray it at. just staple it to the ceiling and let it hang down will make clean up after you are done spraying alot easier also.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by rebel61021
I would get a roll of plastic and make yourself a little paint booth or you are gonna get over spray on everything in that picture if that is where you are gonna spray it at. just staple it to the ceiling and let it hang down will make clean up after you are done spraying alot easier also.
and block out dust and crap..good call

Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
aidenhardcore
Captain

oh good call. I never thought about that. I will make sure to do that. Thanks

Quick Reply: First Part done Of rhino Lining Bull Bar.