3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Yikes, almost wrecked!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:29 PM
moodydoody
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yikes, almost wrecked!

I almost wrecked my truck the other day. I was going through a mountain pass heading into Colorado and a freak snow/ice storm hit . I have not had the chance to get new tires and the BFG all terrains I have on are a little bald for my taste. After watching 2 wrecks, 2 spin outs, and lots of people sliding around, it finally got me. I was coasting down (no throttle/breaks) and my back end just slipped right out from under me eventually taking my front with it. How I managed not to hit the guard rails on each side of the 2 lane road is beyond me (I like to think it was my fancy driving). When I finally got my front to grip I steered the car in reverse and slowed down finally where I ended up facing all the oncoming traffic after a 180. It was a nice day when we started up the pass but man was it nasty up there.

Needless to say I stopped at the first exit (was my plan as soon as it started icing up but still had to go 17 miles through the pass) and I am getting new tires asap lol. I still have a month up here in Colorado and I would rather not wreck hahaha.

It will be a good excuse to get the 35" Trail Grapplers I have been eyeballing.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:34 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

wow that was a story glad it all worked out for ya .

Old 03-17-2010, 08:57 PM
RamGentry13
Veteran

Originally Posted by moodydoody
I almost wrecked my truck the other day. I was going through a mountain pass heading into Colorado and a freak snow/ice storm hit . I have not had the chance to get new tires and the BFG all terrains I have on are a little bald for my taste. After watching 2 wrecks, 2 spin outs, and lots of people sliding around, it finally got me. I was coasting down (no throttle/breaks) and my back end just slipped right out from under me eventually taking my front with it. How I managed not to hit the guard rails on each side of the 2 lane road is beyond me (I like to think it was my fancy driving). When I finally got my front to grip I steered the car in reverse and slowed down finally where I ended up facing all the oncoming traffic after a 180. It was a nice day when we started up the pass but man was it nasty up there.

Needless to say I stopped at the first exit (was my plan as soon as it started icing up but still had to go 17 miles through the pass) and I am getting new tires asap lol. I still have a month up here in Colorado and I would rather not wreck hahaha.

It will be a good excuse to get the 35" Trail Grapplers I have been eyeballing.
Good save/ and YES i cant wait to see some 35 trail graps...want those damn tires so bad

Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

well you boys are in luck cause have a set with 50 miles on them i will be sellin next week when the 37's get hear.

Quick Reply: Yikes, almost wrecked!