3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best bang for the buck CAI gor 08 Hemi??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I didn't wanna spend a few hundred bucks for just an intake and I didn't want an open filter either so I bought a drop-in oem replacement K&N filter and I waited it out and picked up a Airraid intake tube for $50 shipped on fleabay.
I'd check out your local craigslist.
As far as power...not much difference from a homemade pvc and a $400 specialty.
ditto sounds great and probably gets about all the gains a CAI would

Old 03-19-2010, 02:34 AM
RamGentry13
Veteran

hey guys, quick question that should help the OP too. I would like to make my own CAI but my only concern is the MAF...how do you hook it in to the new manifold? heres a pic from RH's thread. the black connector going into the red tube. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...k-done-129.jpg

Old 03-19-2010, 09:23 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by RamGentry13
hey guys, quick question that should help the OP too. I would like to make my own CAI but my only concern is the MAF...how do you hook it in to the new manifold? heres a pic from RH's thread. the black connector going into the red tube. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...k-done-129.jpg
I think you're talking about the IAT? That little think about 3/4" around with two wires coming out of it?

Just grab a properly sized rubber grommet and drill a hole in the side of the intake. put the grommet on and then push the IAT sensor into the grommet. That sensor doesn't need fancy install at all. As long as it's in the air flow it should be fine. you may want to silicone around it a little just to ensure there aren't any holes.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:15 PM
RamGentry13
Veteran

thanks, thats what i was curious about

Old 03-19-2010, 04:18 PM
AsphaltCowboy
Veteran

Originally Posted by rocket23
I see dodge put in another sensor whats it for?? one is oxygen whats the other?
where? the only sensor thats part of the intake is that IAT thingy over near the TB. there is a sensor that plugs into the TB though. is that what you're talking about? or the wires over the filter? those are plugged into the windshield washer/coolant tank.

Quick Reply: Best bang for the buck CAI gor 08 Hemi??