3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I've got a Coolant Leak!! I need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 PM
04LS6
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've got a Coolant Leak!! I need some help...

Hey guys,

I have been looking and found where my coolant leak is coming from. I'm actually pretty happy about where the leak is, because I think it's a pretty easy fix. Where it's leaking is on the outlet of the block, right where the flange from the rad hose connection is connecting to the block above the powersteering pump. What I need to know is, is there a fiber gasket in between these surfaces? Also, should I also replace the flange that attached to the rad hose as well at the same time?

One other thing that I need answered is, I've never drained coolant before, so when draining, is the drain on the bottom on the drivers side? Is it that black plastic looking nipple that can be turned with a small drain hole underneath it? When filling, how do I get all of the air out of the system?

Sorry for the long winded email, but I'm really just wanting to get this fixed, and done right...lol Thanks guys.

Last edited by 04LS6; 03-22-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:54 AM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's where your thermostat is. If it were me, I would just buy a new thermostat (pretty cheap) and they normally come with a new gasket. Just change out the thermostat while you're there. That's one less thing you have to worry about. And yes, the drain **** is that "plastic looking nipple."

Quick Reply: I've got a Coolant Leak!! I need some help...