3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A short story about Mopar Muscle...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 06:48 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A short story about Mopar Muscle...

so i work for a concrete curbing and flatwork company, and this year i drive the work truck and haul a 20,000 pound trailer (fully loaded, no sand is about 16k) well my boss parks all the equipment on his property, on top of a mountain, his driveway is dirt and he is trying to build a turn around spot so he can back all the equipment in close to his house. this last weekend, he got a few yards of road mix to throw down so he doesn't get bogged down in loose soil in this turn around, well he figured today that we'd try the new turn out, this is on a fairly steep grade as well, probably about 6 percent. i drive up the road, start to take the turn to go up the loop on the hill that connects with his driveway, i get about halfway up and the work truck swings sideways by a good ten feet, all traction is lost (boss has slicks on the back wheels, really needs new tires) so the boss tries to say i didn't get enough speed, bla bla bla, no way am i making a 90 degree turn with a frigging trailer on a hill at 10-15, i would have hit his well, nearly did anyway. so anyway, the truck is stuck in his roadmix, he tries to get up the hill, burns probably another 1/8 inch of rubber by peeling out in place. i finally ask him if he has a tow strap, i said I'll back my truck up to the front of yours, strap up and pull the work truck and the damn trailer up this hill! he grabs a come along, i back up, we hook up the trucks, i pull up so the cable is tight, throw it in 4 low, and pulled the whole load up the hill through the roadmix! for kicks and grins, the work truck is a Chevy, and the the Ram pulled the whole thing like it was nothing, i hardly even pressed the gas. my boss is kinda sore about it, i was laughing my *** off

Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is better than a kill!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:17 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

It's prob that little extra traction/pull he needed to get up the hill.
Atleast you made it appear easy anyways..lol

Old 03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Markmm0000
Professional

Originally Posted by dirtydog
It's prob that little extra traction/pull he needed to get up the hill.
Atleast you made it appear easy anyways..lol

Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

yeah thats usually what is is. several years ago my family was on vacation. my grandpa had a gmc sierra dually pullin a 36' 5th wheel TT. he couldnt get up a pretty steep freshly graveled road, so my dad hooked up to the front with our AWD Astro van and pulled them up no problem. the astro was spinning all 4, but clearing out the gravel so the truck could get traction. looked sweet

Old 03-23-2010, 08:44 PM
rocket23
Champion

Naw it was dodge over chevy No doubt!!! thats why i got one. good story gonna think about nit tonight when i pull port jervis mountain in ny.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

it was just the extra bit of traction, but damn good story. hope you let your boss hear about it for a while

Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Marx
Record Breaker

i saw a 3500 dually pulling a loaded semi filled with toyotas up a 30 degree hill, pulled it like it was a small boat lol gotta love dodge

Old 03-24-2010, 04:03 AM
05RamMan
Captain

I had a similar situation about 2 months ago. My driveway is at about a 20% grade and I was regraveling. The Large dually dump truck that delivered the gravel (70 tons of it) got stuck. I went and grabbed the tow chains out of my garage and pulled that truck right out of there. The driver was so supprised he took $20 off the delivery fee.

Quick Reply: A short story about Mopar Muscle...