3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help... Vibration issue.. Wierd...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 AM
DatsunRacer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help... Vibration issue.. Wierd...

OK...
So i exploded the rear end in my 2002 ram 9.2 last week. I went to the junk yards and long story short i bought a 1999 ram 2wd 9.25 and fabricated it to fit in my 2002 and made the disc brakes fit it. ( NOT A NOVICE SWAP ) but i saved $$$$ 2002 rear = $ 900, 1999 9.25 Rear end = $125.00

I had to get a used drive shaft and took it and had the joints replaced and it balanced. so the shaft is good.

when i finished, driving it is fine. only 1 issue.

with GPS.. it has a vibration between 22 mph thru 29 mph.. thats it ??
it doesn't matter if im accelerating thru this speed range, coasting down thru the range or just driving in the range in a school zone...

I DON'T GET IT ?? at 95mph its smooth as well you know.

the other issue.. ( IF YOU HAVE A NON CONTACT TEMP GUN IT WOULD BE GREAT ! ) after driving it for 30 min, i crawled under it and with my temp gun, the nose area around the pinion casing was 170 deg. the casing near the cover on the bottom was 130 deg. the Rear cover was 98 deg.

can someone compare there temps with mine to see if the Rear ends heating up to much ?

any help would be appreciated..

ROD

Old 03-27-2010, 11:28 PM
DatsunRacer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so... does this stump everybody else also ?? Im not finding the issue and its driving me crazy...

Quick Reply: Help... Vibration issue.. Wierd...