3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

com cams for hemi

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 04:49 PM
mopowrmike
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default com cams for hemi

hav you guys seen the new cams for the hemi engines? they from comp cams check out there sit www.compcams.com/hemi the biggest cam adds up to 60 horses and still works with the computer

Old 05-03-2005, 05:37 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: com cams for hemi

https://dodgeforum.com/m_184944/tm.htm

It's exciting news indeed. When you consider you can put the thing in and it'll work with the stock computer, that's sweet. I meant to call on pricing, but never got around to it. They also have the new type springs available for it as well.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
GMsucks
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

https://dodgeforum.com/m_184944/tm.htm

It's exciting news indeed. When you consider you can put the thing in and it'll work with the stock computer, that's sweet. I meant to call on pricing, but never got around to it. They also have the new type springs available for it as well.
Ya mean they have perfected the one piece spring????

Old 05-03-2005, 08:24 PM
DonG
Veteran

Here are 5 other cam options for the hemi.

http://krcperformance.com/newcontent/hemicams.html

Old 08-04-2005, 10:49 AM
hpfactory

Just and FYI from a chevy guy.

Those are the same beehive springs that we use on the ls1 motors. I have them in my camaro with a 231/237 597/595 cam and they are still in there and holding strong after 2 seasons of mid 10 second runs.

Old 08-04-2005, 01:10 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, works with the computer, but not the warranty.....

Old 08-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Avanti
Captain

For those interest in some actual empirical testing of beehive springs (and other attendent valve-train components) and comparison to traditional, all out of proportion to the usual car magazine fluff, check out the September '05 "Popular Hot Rodding." Definitely not ones usual rodder mag crappola article. Worth the $4.00 any day.

And, as I've said before. Look at the complete dyno curves and be honest about how you intend to use the vehicle. Most don't need or use extra top-end horsepower, except in a track vehicle. To get that extra high-rpm hp usually takes a cam that sacrifices some low/mid-range torque. Bottom-line know how you intend to use the engine, buy appropriately.

Uh, and GMsucks: you spoke better than you might have known; yes, the beehive spring eliminates the need for dampener springs, so you were right, it is a "one-piece" spring.

All the best.

Quick Reply: com cams for hemi