3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'05 Hemi Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Avanti
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '05 Hemi Problem

Sorry to here this. You can bet I'll check the fluid level in mine first thing when it comes in!!!!

The worse part is that it never should have gotten out of the dealership overfilled. Once upon a time I worked for a Chrysler dealer and EVERY fluid in every vehicle (among other things) was checked as soon as they rolled off the truck and in the door--I know; I was the one who did it!

Good luck.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:56 AM
IrishRagE

All vehicles have probs man...

Never listen to the MINORITY. I had a 04 RAM QC SLT 4x4 that I loved but I wanted speed, so I went with an 04 GTO. GTO had piston slap after 1200 miles...went RIGHT back to the RAM. The fit and finish is too good.....about as good as alot of luxury sedans out there. I didn't realize that until I left....but I'm back!

Matt

Old 05-07-2005, 10:02 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. Hope they can work it in to accomodate you and find and fix the problem. Stuff like this will always happen with anything people manufacture. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2005, 10:23 AM
guido7
Veteran

I concurr with Todd.... I have been around a long time and owned many vehicles, and have had similar probs..... Sorry to hear about yours, but it happens with all of them...my buddy has a ford Harley edition, and hes has had two tranneys and new intakes replaced, and it only has 18K on the ticker...... I hope your truck gets fixed, be as patient as you can and hopefully it will get resolved.

I wish you the best of luck....GUIDO

Old 05-07-2005, 10:29 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guido.

Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:00 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

I'd be all over the dealer, regardless of any and everything. Ours is at 9000+ miles (only 3 or 4 months old) and only 1 problem thus far, which was a broken key lock cylinder in the steering column, took the dealer 1 day to fix (they payed the tow truck bill too). If anything, go pay your local auto-parts store or repair shop a visit and let them have a quick look, even though they can't do anything, to actually confirm if it's a dealership fault.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:36 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I still contest, if a dealer is backed up that is not a reason you have to wait. Contact Dodge directly, there will be some contact info on the website. Explain the situation. If a dealership can not repair in a timely mannor you are entitled to take it somewhere that will and get full re-imbursment.

Or tell the dealership or Dodge who says "you have to wait" that you want the same truck to drive in the mean time.

Once again, the only thing you should have to wait for is parts in situation like this.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:45 AM
guido7
Veteran

Todd, saw my friend yesterday and all he talks about is my truck....I was telling him to buy one and he actually had that "damn good idea" look in his eyes.... I honestly think he will soon.... his friend said he went to dodge last week to look at them....heheheeeee, got his ba--s ichy for one, I think....

Old 05-08-2005, 04:05 PM
DonG
Veteran

ORIGINAL: IrishRagE

All vehicles have probs man...

Never listen to the MINORITY.
Matt
If your referring to my post, maybe you missed the sarcasm intended. I think everyone here is telling him the same thing.

Old 05-08-2005, 04:33 PM
BLee85

ORIGINAL: magnethead

I'd be all over the dealer, regardless of any and everything. Ours is at 9000+ miles (only 3 or 4 months old) and only 1 problem thus far, which was a broken key lock cylinder in the steering column, took the dealer 1 day to fix (they payed the tow truck bill too). If anything, go pay your local auto-parts store or repair shop a visit and let them have a quick look, even though they can't do anything, to actually confirm if it's a dealership fault.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but whenever you talk, you sound like some psycho with a split personality always referring to yourself as "our"....lol. I know it means you and your significant other, but it still kinda weirds me out...hehe

Back on topic, I hope everything works out the best for you bro. Hope the Ram (if I even get it) does not have such problems with it.

Quick Reply: '05 Hemi Problem