3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Resonator question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:55 PM
WIKDRAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resonator question

I currently have a Super 44 muffler in place of my stock muffler. I have removed the entire tail pipe assembly including the rear resonator. The Super 44 is a 3" in, dual 2.5" out and is dumped right behind the cab.

Now my question is, where exactly is the front resonator??? Is it the can right before the muffler or is that the cat??? What are the 2 cannister looking things on the H pipe???

I would like to know where the front resonator is and if it helps, hurts, or does nothing to the performance. I'm more concerned about exhaust loudness right now, but if removing it kills the bottom end then I don't want to remove it.

Pics or videos are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Duroc
Professional

Its the big can in front of your muffler. Now all models/years had the front res. I had mine removed, it may have helped on drone the sound was terrible with it on imo.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
WhiteRamTRX4
Rookie

The front resonator is large (bigger than the back one.) I just had mine removed. The cats are the same on each side. Mine are black

Quick Reply: Resonator question