3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i am having a problem with my power windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 01:42 PM
jonnyvc501
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i am having a problem with my power windows

i have been trying to find out why my power windows will not work. its very weird though bc they all work from the drivers side master switch but thet dont work from their side switch and i have replaced all the switches even the mast and i have looked at the boots in the door to see if there was a broken wire and there wasn't and also only on the driver side front and back the door lock dont work i have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab i am just lost and dont know what to try or what i should do next if anyone knows of a fix plz let me know thank

Old 04-10-2010, 03:34 PM
RammedAgain
Amateur

Is there power to one side of the door switches? They are normally open and can't "make" or close unless there is power to them. You may have a short that didn't happen in the door boots where it would make sense for a broken wire to have shown itself.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:32 PM
jonnyvc501

i am not shure i dont think so bc the little green light on the switch isnt lighting up but i dont know where the wires go i also checked all the fuses in it to and they where on good

Old 04-10-2010, 08:23 PM
4matty3
Captain

same thing happend to mine, they will eventually fix themselves. (i hope)

Old 04-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Mine does it too but only in spells, sometimes the passenger side switch won't work but the driver side control will roll it up and down and sometimes the driver side won't go up or down from that controller. It's screwy as hell but I don't have a clue how to fix it.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

start by following your wires to connectors and test them all with a digital multimeter and make sure they all have power and no shorts....inspect all of the wire and make several tests some wires can actually break inside and you would never know....

Old 04-10-2010, 08:54 PM
RammedAgain
Amateur

Originally Posted by jusjay727
start by following your wires to connectors and test them all with a digital multimeter and make sure they all have power and no shorts....inspect all of the wire and make several tests some wires can actually break inside and you would never know....

That's what I was talkin about....LOL

Old 04-11-2010, 04:46 AM
pajamiss

i had the same problem turned out were the wiring harness is running alone side of drivers.side..under carpet(pull molding cover)i found water getting in were the plastic plugs were pluged into(holes in the floor)to hold down wiring harness.theres a wire in the harness that splits into three.this connection was GREEN and disconnected//look at all the connections in the harness in that area ,i had a couple going green..anyways bottom line water was get in thru 2 holes in the floor were this wiring harness is fastened..make sure you dry out the carpet too(underlining)oz
at s333 and you can see the plugs im talkn about

Last edited by pajamiss; 04-11-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:32 AM
RammedAgain
Amateur

Thanks for the good info. The Dodge is ok but the wife's Yukon is acting screwy. I think I'll try to adapt the info to the GM mindset and find where it splits away from the harness trunk. This forum is a great asset with all the info. to be shared.

Quick Reply: i am having a problem with my power windows