3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Swick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights

2004 Dodge Ram Laramie- Have had no interior lights for about a year. Tried everything. I finally got around to taking the truck into the dealer. They say that there is a module IN the instrument panel and therefore the entire instrument panel needs to be replaced. From the dealer its over $700 for the part and $220 for labor, plus shop fees and taxes. Thats right, a grand to turn the lights back on. On a truck with only 60,000 miles. I can buy the part on ebay for less than $100. Here's the catch, the mileage is built into the intrument panel and cannot be changed, it is also built into the truck. To change it with the part with the dealer they call the part manufacturer and tell them the mileage to set it, problem solved, again, for a grand. If you buy a used one you have to file some paper work with the state attesting to the fact that you changed the odemeter. Whole lot of crap to turn the lights back on. Any other ideas? Besides touch lights, been there done that. I want my interior lights back on.

Quick Reply: Interior lights