3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

zentrix vs aeroforce

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 AM
moparmike01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zentrix vs aeroforce

ok i might get bashed for this but looking for or (in market for a air fuel guage) been reading alot about aeroforce seen couple people havin gissues with it but i see that it can log alot RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)

also the zeitornix can do alot. i have a laptop i can use in my car jsut wondering what one i should get

thanks

Mike

Old 04-14-2010, 12:44 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look into innovate products. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/ i hear good things about them.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:40 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Innovate LC-1 is by FAR the way to go. lowest cost of any of them, and has the most accurate AFR readings

Old 04-14-2010, 07:50 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok, here is the deal.

The aeroforce is nice. No doubt in that. It can monitor lots of things and the reason why is because it plugs into the OBD port. HOWEVER, two bad things are one) it cannot log but it can record up to 60 secs worth of data. I havent read where you can export that data for a tuner to review. The second thing is if you want to use it as a Wideband so you can use it for AFR v/s RPM, you need the $190 kit to do it and the Aeroforce itself is already $250

The Innovate LC-1 is a wideband and can datalog to the laptop but only does AFR v/s time and not v/s RPM which is what you need. It cost $150 or $175 with a gauge. To get the RPM part you need an OT-1 or OT-2 which costs another $150 to $180.

The Zeitronix and Wideband Commander and pretty much the same although I think the Zeit does a bit more. They both are Wideband modules and can do AFR v/s RPM (which is what you want) and both are priced around $290 with no gauge. The gauges are extra $$$.

IDK about the WB Commander but I do know the Zeit can log to a computer, which again is something you want.

As you know Ive got my Zeit with a LCD screen for sale for $300. That LCD cost $150.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

IMO it really depends on what you are looking for from your gauge setup. If it is just a/f then something like the lc-1 might be plenty for you but if you are looking for something that monitors multiple parameters in addition to a/f then you might want to check out the interceptor. It all comes down to what you plan on using your gauge for. Also, make sure you check into what type of sensor the wideband kit uses. Some use the old Bosch 4.2 (I believe the lc-1 uses this sensor) which has been shown to be less accurate and have a shorter life span than the Bosch 4.9 that comes with some other kits.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:08 PM
moparmike01
Professional

ok this is the thing i getting nitrous on maby i hope this week so i need a gauge for that the air fuel and the tranny temp going in a 3 gauge holder. but i still undecided what to get

Old 04-14-2010, 06:08 PM
moparmike01
Professional

off road teacher what would you recommended for something like that or should i explain more?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 PM
moparmike01
Professional

so the lc1 is pointless really because i need data log for Marty and Sean. so maybe i go with the Zeitronix i guess that my best bet sort of from what i getting from weed option i was looking at that with the gauge

Old 04-14-2010, 06:39 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

for your application, the zeitronix and lc-1/ot-1 is what you want. since weeds sellin his for a great price, i'd bite on that. its pretty seldom to see a great price on these dataloggers. it took me 2 months of looking every day to find my setup, and it was the same price weed is asking. i think he has a 3 gauge pod layin around too he might sell ya.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
moparmike01
Professional

ya its nice tho idk i not super crazy about the ldc screen. hy get both dont they do the same??

Quick Reply: zentrix vs aeroforce