3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lamp out freaking out....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lamp out freaking out....

okay as the title says my lamp out function and beep is freaking the eff out, about a week and a half ago i changed a bulb as i have one othertime in the same left taillight and well it went again today supposedley, it was out and my lamp out chimed and then went out, when i drove well i braked again and the lamp out freaked on me chimed like 5x and flashed....so i went on driving what could i do with no tools....a few lights later same thing as it happened a few times it erked me...well now the light is off and the bulb is lit wtf is going on with my taillight....i know some boards have gone bad where can i get one and are the lefts different than right? or is there something im just overlooking....it seems simple but not sure if theres something i havent thought of.....

Old 04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Denniss66
Veteran

well just try scraping the connectors in the board might be getting a bad connection or change the board i have seen a few guys on here get annoyed with the same problem and just change the board. good luck figuring it out.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

where to find the board is my issue too i been looking online since i posted about it but cleaning it and scraping it good is free ill give that a try tomorrow or sat morn when i get a min....until then if all else fails i need a back up on where to get the backing piece so i dont have issues with the locals especially since they are blacked out....

Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

the boards usually come with the taillights. put up a wanted ad in the classifieds on this site. I did, and got a pair of taillights with boards and bulbs for free plus shipping. Not saying that deal will come along again, but im sure someone upgraded to LEDs and has stockers in their garage they would part with. my buddies '06 was blowing about a bulb a week no matter what we did and then we switched everything out and it hasnt happened since.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

wow thanks ill try it...but if all else fails i found a set at rock auto for 30 shipped....which isnt really that bad just didnt wanna deal with it....

Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jay mine does the same thing sometimes. try the elec grease stuff that helped mine. And some times just turning the bulb around the other direction and putting back in fixes it on mine

Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 AM
mmstar23
Champion

huh...mine did this also lol. never really cared about it though, and i switched over to recon LEDs and it still did it...must have been the harness...so for your sake....try the harness.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:48 AM
chrisy1961
Rookie

The boards are available at your local stealership for $20.00. There is no left or right side (they are interchangeable). I had the same problem and bought 2 new ones a year ago and the problem is fixed. I replaced all of the bulbs also just as a precaution. The parts guy didn't even have to look up the part number because "we sell allot of these".

Old 04-16-2010, 09:08 AM
matthewbeard
Veteran

to isolate if its a board or a harness issue swap the boards from driver to passenger and vise-verse, if the intermittent failure swaps sides then its the board if not its most likely a wiring issue

Quick Reply: lamp out freaking out....