3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: May 3rd Gen Truck Of The Month
GotHemi44
14.66%
Bear
24.14%
Pyro
6.03%
Mopar78
17.24%
Disturbedgator
37.93%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

May 3rd Gen TOTM

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:06 PM
4XLgatorfan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't trying to get the thread off topic, just having a little fun.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:09 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

your fine you have a MC !

Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4XLgatorfan
I wasn't trying to get the thread off topic, just having a little fun.
Out of curiousity how many miles on her? and also did you recently buy it? if so what was the coinage? If you don't mind spilling the beans.?

Old 04-25-2010, 08:46 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got 5 great trucks here and only 57 votes so far!! lets get this thread back on track and stir up some votes!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
4XLgatorfan
Veteran

Originally Posted by rocket23
Out of curiousity how many miles on her? and also did you recently buy it? if so what was the coinage? If you don't mind spilling the beans.?
I don't mind spilling the beans, Rocket.

She just rolled over 21k miles, only had 10k miles on her when I bought her back in Nov 2007. I paid $34k, which back then I thought was a great deal considering my credit union told me that would have loaned as much as $45k for her.....not now in this economy but I wouldn't get rid of her anyway.

The story I was told was that an older man bought the truck new (sticker is still in glove box @ $54k) to pull his new 5th wheel RV. He traveled around for about a year then sold his RV and traded the truck in on a Toyota Tacoma. All the mods were done by him except the tint. I believe something has been done to the exhaust as well. The piping is bigger than stock ones I have seen, and the muffler is smaller than stock ones I have seen. Also, the tip is welded-on and appears to be stainless steel, it actually looks a little gold'ish in color. The turbo whistles more than the other few cummins dodges I have ridden in too.

I have only added 11k miles to her in 2-1/2 years because I have a company car with personal use. So, she only gets driven when I pull the RV and on the weekends....sometimes I drive it to work just because I love the truck. Most of the time I forget to turn the radio on because I love listening to the turbo whistle.

I have always had the mod bug but was married...not sure where all my money went. Now recently divorced I have started the mods I've always wanted to do. The first of which is tires and wheels, which I ordered on Friday. I bought a HBS 2" leveling kit which is the floorboard waiting for installation.

Sorry this is so long, just wanted to spill the beans good and proper. Anymore questions let me know.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
no shiz hammer , im with ya , just cause your lower dont mean your fast ...hell snals are low and real slow ....i dub you lower class the snal class ....
whoa what's with all the hatorade? jay never said street trucks were faster only better. i like my truck being vertically challenged but would not line up with mmstar and think i could take him for a second. lifted trucks are monsters and street trucks are just effin sexy, two totally different classes and i will have one of each before too long. i was going to install a winch on my truck to pull me out of traffic since that is the only thing i will ever be stuck in but it would probably just have scraped the pavement and thrown sparks. sorry for the rant i just dont care to be known as the "snal class"

Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

and im all about letting the trucks do the talking but post some threads let people know about the poll. ok nuff said back to captivity annnndddd

Boomer Sooners i aint no fair weather fan

Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do we have awinner yet?? lol j/k !

Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

its not over yet. January started out like this with weedahoe in the lead but smknram pulled ahead by 1 in the last minute.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Only 58 voters....hmm..... We can do better. There's gotta be 20 votes left out on the table somewhere's.....????

Quick Reply: May 3rd Gen TOTM