3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Opinions on what to do w/ the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:42 PM
BlakeCP29
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i checked the website and they said they had a bunch of different colors. home depot probably just doesnt carry them. how should i do my bumpers? all white? paint the chrome black? all black? and joe, what are you plastidipping?

Old 04-23-2010, 06:53 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dem dubs

lol, Im tired of trying to keep them clean and polished. Figured I'll just blast the wheels I have now and wax em every now and then and be done with it. Eventually I'll probably get another set of rims when I go to 35s but these will be good for now. And like silver said, if I dont like it, I can just peel it off.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
BlakeCP29
Professional

damn....i wanna go buy some right now and get it over with! are you just gonna take your wheels off but blast them with the tires still on just covered with tape? i think that would be sufficient for me until i get new tires then ill redo the spray

Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

i'm going to take the wheels off and clean them really good. Then I'll mask off all the rubber and git r done. Would be too much of a hassle to remove the tire. If I did that I would just powdercoat the rims so its done right. Sunday looks like it might not rain here for once so I may give it a shot then. Oh and my home depot only had 5 cans in stock lol, I bought 4 of them. You may wanna swing by there and check to see what they actually have and how soon they can get some more in case they only have a can or two if you decide to do the wheels.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:04 PM
BlakeCP29
Professional

alright well tell me how it goes. everyone said make sure you do it in the shade btw if you didnt already know. tell me how many coats you used etc, ive got some OCD and it really kicks in about this chit haha. i read 2-3 coats is pretty good on emblems but idk about wheels

Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

Well, bigmac in this thread used 4 coats on his wheels and he used 2 1/2 cans. I bought extra cans just in case since I have more surface area and also I may not stop at the wheels. I might do my step bumper pieces, door spears, handles, and mirrors since the black is starting to fade.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-complete.html

Quick Reply: Opinions on what to do w/ the truck?