3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Radio Help ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 PM
ram'em06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Radio Help ASAP!!!

Just got off work now that it's 10pm. Time to start a truck project!!!! I got a new box for my truck to put 12s in, but my problem is radio removal. I have an 06 1500 MegaCab, the woodgrain trim around the radio. Anyway, how do I remove the plastic and is it just the woodgrain that comes off. Need to get that off to get radio out so I can install RCAs on the back. Any help and advie would be greatly appreciated. Also my RCAs tie into the rear speaker wires on the back of the radio, anyone know what colors might be the rear right and rear left?????????

HOPE SOME OTHER TRUCK FELLAS ARE STILL UP LIKE ME, HELP!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 10:25 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

You have to remove the whole vent panel. They may be two screws at the bottom, then the rest is just snapped in.
As for tapping into the radio, you need to tap into the front outputs because the rears are much lower than the front. Even the Mopar Kicker sub amp gets it's power from the front door outputs.

See post 11 for a bezel picture. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...anels-for.html

This is for 06-08

Old 04-30-2010, 10:27 PM
jake7
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is only a couple screws i believe, but the wood grain is one unit with the middle vents..its just a shell that snaps on and off..so give it a little tug and it'll be easier to find the screws

Quick Reply: Need Radio Help ASAP!!!