3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Last time...4.7 exhaust, what, where, how much

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 02:56 PM
jayskynr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Last time...4.7 exhaust, what, where, how much

just a local shop here in town ive done alot of business with and sent alot of business to for any/everything

Old 05-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Patrick_Monks

I have a 2003 dodge ram single cab with the 4.7 liter. I have a flowmaster 40 series single in single out without a catalytic converter and let me tell you this thing sounds sooo mean. I think it is the loudest dodge I have ever heard taking out the cat freed up some air and the gas mileage got better went from about 14.5 to around 16.5 Dont know if its legal anywhere im from oklahoma cops dont seem too mind too much.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:49 AM
RebelRam04
Rookie

For my '04 4.7L I went to my local exhaust shop and had them put on a custom catback with a Magnaflow muffler 1-in 2-out exiting sideways and downward behind the rear wheels with 3.5" Stainless steel tips. They did the whole system for $285. Sounds good, but not really loud unless at WOT, much quieter than my 5.9L '01 with the flowmaster on it(not sure which model, came with the truck).

Old 05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
NJ Ram

Hi Guys,

New 2005 Ram Quad w/ 5.7 Hemi

Ive been following this thread and Id like to ask a question, I am getting a flowmaster single in dual out with pipes out the side behind the tires, Flowmaster said I should use this muffler....

#9530572 50 Series H.D. Muffler, 3.00" IN (C) / 2.50" OUT (D): each. 50 Series HD muffler designed for the 2004 Dodge HEMI trucks! New muffler features a 4.00" -inch internal design, which is ideal for trucks with modified engines. It is built from 16 gauge aluminized steel and comes with a 3.00"-inch inlet and dual 2.50"-inch outlets.

my Meineke guy (I trust and has done work on 2 other trucks for me) said I should use this Muffler

#9430422 40 Series Delta Flow Muffler, 3.00" IN (C) / 2.25" OUT (D): each. The 40 Series Delta Flow is a milder sounding street and strip muffler that generates a powerful, aggressive sound outside the vehicle, a lower interior resonance while improving your torque and horsepower.

Any help would be appreciated....I dont want to lose and low end torque he said the smaller pipes coming out are better

Thanks

NJ Ram

by the way Meineke are Flowmaster dealers

Old 05-13-2006, 10:19 PM
DodgeRam4.7ltr

Hey this is in Response to the exhaust, about a month ago i just had them throw the flo - pro muffler on there and had it dual -sides out with 5 and half inch b x 18 " tips and it sounded alright so i went back and told them to yank the muffler and had them put a ' Y - pipe' in replaced for the muffler and i'm telling ya , my truck sounds meaner than ****!! usually i can just drive by casually and set car alarms off. AT 3500 - 4500 RPM's the **** is really loud!! The estimated cost was $ 400 - but well focking worth it!!! My truck is also a 5 speed with k and n cold air intake- not sure if it add's to much to the sound though.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:43 PM
dvcap2004
Professional

Hey does anyone have true dual straight pipes on there 4.7L? a buddy of mine has true duals with a glass pack but he said that he would like to make it straights? i was wondering if there was a power loss? and if it even sounds good cuz around here the louder your truck, the more respect u get. lol its weird but thats how it is.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:42 PM
GaRamFan

I had the Flowmaster Delta Flow 40s put on my 5.9L. Single in dual out from the cat back with pipes exiting at 45 degrees behind the rear tires and rolled stainless steel tips. The Delta Flows are loud outside of the truck and there IS interior resonance. But not too bad. However, I haven't heard the regular 40 series inside a vehicle, so I can't really tell you how much less drone. I will say this, when I get on it, it sounds like the beast is wanting to gobble up everything in it's path.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:47 PM
GaRamFan

I forgot to add that I also had it done an Meineke. They did a top notch job for $325.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:56 PM
BgBluRam
Captain

ORIGINAL: ross944

HEARTTHROB....put it on mine and I LOVE the way it sounds. No loss of power here, only gains. Roars when you get on it, nice rumble idling. I might be upgrading to stacks in the fall though haha...we'll see.

Get the angle cut tips[8D]

JCWhitney...where I got it

I have been looking for a system as well. I have a question. A lot of the systems that I see say that you must relocate your spare tire. Have any of you experienced this problem? If so, where did you relocate it to??? Thanks...

Old 05-14-2006, 10:31 PM
badassblueram

I have an 04 4.7 with single in dual out Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow with dual 3.5" stainless tips. DO NOT GET CHROME TIPS!!!!!!!!! They rust easily and the sound doesn't resonate quite the same and they don't sound as good. Like the other guy says; with the DF muffler inside there's not much resonance but outside it gives the 4.7 a really mean powerful sound. everyone that hears mine says it sounds badass. just about anything you do will sound good as long as you have a muffler (not a glasspack; a muffler. sorry im just not a fan of a 50 dollar exhaust job.) The 4.7 has a REALLY distinct sound to it.

Quick Reply: Last time...4.7 exhaust, what, where, how much