3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intro and a question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Backwoods
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro and a question

Hey guys been browsing the forums for a month or two now. finally decided to join up. I have an '04 QC 1500 4X4 with the 5.7 ( try and get some pictures up this weekend). I've had my truck about six months now and always wondered about it but my tailgate has a "Mark III" logo in the top right corner and I'd love to know what that means. I've done some googling and cant really find anything. Any answers?

Old 05-21-2010, 03:44 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like the previous owner stuck it on there. ive never heard of that on a dodge.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

this is what i found online....
"Mark III was a conversion company that recieved vans from Chrysler Ford and GM then upgraded the interior and added cosmetic parts to the exterior such as running boards and ground effects. The vans were then sold through certain dealers that franchised with Mark III. The modifications they made were for comfort convenience and appearance only. The mechanical parts of the vehicle are exactly the same as when it left the assembly plant."

but... maybe they did the same for you truck....

Old 05-21-2010, 03:51 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Back in the 80's and I believe early 90's Mark III conversion vans were all over the place. As a matter of fact there used to be a dealer I think named Artie Grindle that used to specialize in selling those vans.

That's exactly what they'd do. They'd give you a plush interior, maybe some nice chrome rims and sometimes a paint job. I think the previous owner put that on there for some reason. I maybe wrong but I've never seen or heard of a Dodge Ram Mark III conversion. Hey, it may have happened but I really doubt that.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Backwoods

That sounds possible I guess. the truck has a two tone fade paint job, all power everything, the infinity audio pakage and leather with the suede inserts but I've been under the impression that most if not all of that was from the factory(except the paint) It also has some westin platinum series steps and a lebra cover on the bed.

oh and the bumpers are all color matched instead of chrome IDK if that makes a difference.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:56 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Why don't you go on the Dodge website and email them your vin and request a build sheet. That will tell you what they put on it. If Mark III got a hold of it, what you have and your build sheet wouldn't be the same for certain items. (paint, interior, etc.)

Old 05-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Backwoods

Just send it through customer service on their main site or somewhere special?

Old 05-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Backwoods

Found it. they just sent me a build sheet (really quickly at that) it looks like the interior is unchanged from the factory. So unless someone sent this truck to Mark II for a paint job a tonnau cover and some westin steps its probly just a sticker (in which case it is now pending removal)...thanks for the help! be back with Pictures some time over the weekend!

Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Damn, took me almost 2wks to get my build sheet.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:49 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Backwoods
Found it. they just sent me a build sheet (really quickly at that) it looks like the interior is unchanged from the factory. So unless someone sent this truck to Mark II for a paint job a tonnau cover and some westin steps its probly just a sticker (in which case it is now pending removal)...thanks for the help! be back with Pictures some time over the weekend!
Do you have non factory fender flares. If I remember right the MIII Headquarters was in GA.

Quick Reply: Intro and a question