3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Broken leveling kit component

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Albertaramfan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken leveling kit component

So I went camping this weekend and noticed a rattle and slight loose feeling on the steering wheel. I climbed under the truck today to check it out and found out my Truxxx leveling kit shock extender was broke clear in half. Now I don't abuse this truck like I used to so this came as quite a shock to me! I don't want to badmouth Truxxx as the kit has been in the truck for 2 years and seen a lot of abuse. Just might be something you guys should check out if you have these parts in your kits.

Name:  GetAttachment.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  35.8 KB

Anyways I welded it all back together and replaced both front shocks today. The passenger front was completely shot and the drivers was bent due to the mount breaking off. Rides like new again, gonna start changing shocks out every 60k now I think.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:44 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

At least you were able to fix it yourself and save some money..... A+

Old 05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My kit didnt have shock extenders....I just have longer shocks and coil spring spacers....should be good! Thanks for the heads up, though.

Quick Reply: Broken leveling kit component